On the cusp of a new year what is your wish???

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
Aside from being successful and enjoying expedite I hope everyone has fun, finds themselves being honest, helpful and not threatening some BS frivolous lawsuit every time their nansy pansy a$$ gets offended..
I hope that we can all enjoy meeting here and acting important because we are and bring something to the table even if it is just a chuckle.
I hope we don't take ourselves too seriously and remain cognizant of the fact that we are all the same or less than our counterparts.
I hope we are all better parents, grandparents, uncles, aunts, sisters and brothers whether we are related or not.
Awe to he11 with it I just wanna hit the lottery so I can drone around the world taking pics of happy people.
Hope the best for you and yours in 2008!
Mike

Reactions: 1 person

wallytrucker1

Expert Expediter
Wish list for 2008
That my wife beats this dam# cancer, same for my friend John O.
That I can be a better husband.
Also a better dad.
I hope the business continues to work for my particular situation as I am able to get home as needed and still be profitable(fingers crossed).
That I appreciate my good friends and support them and their needs.
That the IRS screws up and adds 6 extra zeros to my return ckeck.
That everyone out in the EO world has a great 2008.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
My wish? Whew..... that's a tough one.

See I am torn between the selfish me and the happy me - so I guess I will go with the selfish me wishes here, so here is the short list in the order of wishes I would want fulfilled.

I wish everyone prosperous health and work (in that order) which also means I hope others don't experience what I have like kidney stones, hitting themselves on the head hard enough to see floating cats(stars) and now getting Pick eye from a kid I dropped of presents for Monday.

I wish I could fulfill my wife's desire to live closer to work, to get a new car and to have a place where her friends can come over (meaning all new furniture). Needless to say she agreed to a trade off with a new place; acreage, animals and a wood stove.

My biggest wish outside of good health for everyone is to see people get involved with politics to change the bad things and bring the good things to all and to get people more involved with doing things for others who have hit hard times or are innocent of their circumstances.

The happy me would like to finish the non-profit technical stuff to get that moving and to get enough energy to finish things I start, like cleaning this room and the whole house for that matter (that includes dumping 10 years of IT material I used and hundreds of IT books that no library wants - that will take a while and a crew).

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
On a human level, I hope for health for all and a bit less stress in everyone's life. I hope that the general public somehow get motivated to feel some pride in their countries and start to purchase more domestic goods so everyone can benefit from a stronger sovereign economy. I hope everyone on the roads drives a little safer so everyone makes it home every time.

On a business side, I hope something can happen to get the bottom feeders out of the trucking business in general, not just expedite. Don't know for sure what that will take but I have some ideas. I hope shippers start to realize trucking is a SERVICE not a commodity and cheap does not equal better. I hope fuel prices stabilize so that at least fuel surcharges will be able to keep up, not the wild price swings now that FSC can't adjust fast enough to.

Most of all, I hope to actually be out there on the road in my own truck by midyear and actually meet some of you (and be making money to boot).

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
And Marion Barry too?

"If you take out the killings, Washington actually has a very very low crime rate." -- M. Barry, Mayor of Washington, DC

Falligator

Expert Expediter
My wish is that everyone have a happy new year and i can lose this daggone weight that i put on....Have to get out and walk some more.

ShawnF
Panther
}>

Robsdad

Seasoned Expediter
My wish is that you all double my income in the coming year and that I may continue to survive the learning process of expediting.
Happy New Year to all.

And also may George Bush find employment with the people he loves. Good luck in Mexico Jorge Bushinez

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
My hope and desire is to be more of a blessing to those that I meet along the way.

Grace be to you and peace from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;

Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.

---2Corinthians 1:2-4

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
My hope is to make it through biology in the spring. Give you all a laugh every now and then. Hopefully I won't spend near as much time in the hospital as I did this year. I'd also like to be a better husband to my wife. Hopefully this time next year I'll be a sophmore at the University instead of being freshmeat, I mean a freshman, at the community college. If nothing else I just hope I'm here to listen to someone complain, and maybe belly ache a little myself.

Pappy

Expert Expediter
I just want to stay more focused on dreams and ambitions!
I've learned from past experiences that when a person looses sight of their goals that it is a very short trip to complete failure!

Pappy :)

hondaking38

Veteran Expediter
beside good health for everyone that i no, my wish is just to keep busy enough to have another profitable year..

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I wish that all of us on EO will still be here and not in the ground on January 1st 2009.

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
New Year - More Opportunities

I look forward to new opportunities in which I can be a blessing to those who are in need.

We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves.

Let every one of us please his neighbour for his good to edification. ---Romans 15:1-2