Old Layout!

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Dan,

No problem, let me just get all seven of our designers, developers and programmers in here and we will flip that switch....but before we do that - WHY?

DAN

Seasoned Expediter
Old layout

I am sorry but this layout is very confusing TO ME,this is my opinion.I know you guys put a lot of efort and work and lot's of $ on this new laywout,so I will try to find my way arround and learn.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
It doesn't take long to get accustomed to the new layouy. I like it quite a bit and know the amount of time and can only imagine the $ that went into it.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
I am sorry but this layout is very confusing TO ME,this is my opinion.I know you guys put a lot of efort and work and lot's of $ on this new laywout,so I will try to find my way arround and learn.

Dan,

Thanks for your comments. We knew this upgrade was going to be a challenge for many of our visitors. We took this challenge very seriously and we have tried to make it as easy and user friendly as possible.

Take some time and navigate around - once you become familiar with some of the new tools and services - I think you will love it!

Keep us posted.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I hated it, but took time to go to each area and learn whats it do.I'm likiing it more each time....Now wheres my Avatar at??

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The whites too bright and the reds too loud....

I see it's mostly the mods approval but what else would one expect?

And to all them that say it'll take time to get used too....I say if ya had a poker shoved up your backside that too you'd get used to as well!

Adios amigos.........

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
If it wasn't broken - why did they try to fix it !!
Actually, it was broke. As a visitor to the site – you would have never seen things our Server Admin sees. The system and infrastructure we based the old EO on was long outdated and had many “holes”. I can create a page full of technical reasons why we decided to make this upgrade. All in all it was a project that took a year and half to develop.

It's kind of like our cars of the 1970's - why move to fuel injection when carburetors worked fine? The fuel injection system is much more efficient and more powerful then the carburetors. The old Roberts Express guys remember the days before Qualcomm when you had to stop every 4 hours to call dispatch on a pay phone to let them know of your location/status. It worked – but was inefficient and limited. So was our old software and infrastructure.
But we appreciate your feedback either way.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Just think of the advantages....You get to sit and look at the DAMM ads while the rest of the page loads.

I`m sure the advertisers are happy about that. Oh well you can`t please everyone.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Don't mean to be a smart a** about things, but Lawrence what's up with the avatars or did I miss something here? You got one, where's ours? ;)

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Just think of the advantages....You get to sit and look at the DAMM ads while the rest of the page loads.

I`m sure the advertisers are happy about that. Oh well you can`t please everyone.

Redy,

Please tell me how you are accessing EO. DSL? Cable? What browser. If you use Firefox - (the future of browsing the web).
This will speed up ALL YOUR WEB BROWSING!

Let me know on the other items.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Don't mean to be a smart a** about things, but Lawrence what's up with the avatars or did I miss something here? You got one, where's ours? ;)

YOU MUST COME TO THE DARK SIDE

We have cookies!

For real...we are working on getting "hundreds" of new ones. ASAP!

greg334

Veteran Expediter
YOU MUST COME TO THE DARK SIDE

We have cookies!

For real...we are working on getting "hundreds" of new ones. ASAP!

That's all good and well about the cookies as long as they have no sugar added to them :p but what if someone travels with a few hundred avatars in their truck, how can someone use them?

I don't want those avatars to get jealous because they were not used, you know how they get all upset and you never hear the end of it there is nothing worst than screaming avatars while you're trying to sleep. :eek:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I just want to know how to get an avatar - my profile won't seem to allow it, even if I could import one from somewhere else, and I'm lost here. :rolleyes:

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
I just want to know how to get an avatar - my profile won't seem to allow it, even if I could import one from somewhere else, and I'm lost here. :rolleyes:

We are going to offer hundreds of new avatars - but you can easily add one in the USER CP, edit profile. Just Google avatars, I pulled this site up... Forum Avatars at Avatarist

Find one, download it (hold mouse over image, right click, save as, save on your desktop, login into USER CP, edit profile, upload avatar). :)

Hope this helps.