Oil Analysis

Eastex

Seasoned Expediter
I would appreciate it if someone out there could recommend a good company to perform oil analysis.
Thanks

Monty

Expert Expediter
The nice thing about Speedco is the fact you get instant feedback, no need to send it away and wait for results.

For vans, hey use a tube and pull a little out of the dipstick tube.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
that is true about speedco, but the quality of the sample is dependent on how good they clean the machine. i got a suspect sample from speedco that was not suspect it was contaminated from the previous sample. just be careful.

truckblue

Expert Expediter
Driver
that is true about speedco, but the quality of the sample is dependent on how good they clean the machine. i got a suspect sample from speedco that was not suspect it was contaminated from the previous sample. just be careful.

I use speedco. If I see a sudden change in reading, I would get a second opinion from a lab. But, it is a good base to watch for any problems. They found cooolant in oil on an MBE 900, and I found my EGR/Cooler leaking. The TBN ( total base number) reading tells you how the additives are doing, allowing longer intervals between changes. Bottom line, wherever you go, it is well worth the effort.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Mobile Delvac has a program through our distributor (Vesco). We sampled all of our company tractors for years on every oil change.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
The thing about Speedco is that their techs have not taken training at all the sites they do the OAs at.

Blackstone is a good place to start.

should I even ask why this isn't in the truck forum??

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
if you have the kit to put the oil in,most of your cat dealers do it for free.Speedco is that good,just convienient,sorry for the spelling