Ohio State Police withholding Michigan CDL.

fortwayne

Not a Member
As a retired trooper which citied many truckers I can assure everyone here that in all the tickets I issued and all the accidents I worked no one ever lost their license over one accident..
Unless it was a fatal. There is something here they are not telling us. It could be many things which led to this problem....ranging from past history, a failure to comply with DOT regulations which may have been a contributing factor...etc etc. Alot of things are not adding up here is all I'm saying. So before we get all wet in the eyes and attack all those horrible, mean, corrupt and dishonest officers, maybe we should consider we are not hearing the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Ron is clearly leaving out important facts and when one does that it is obvious they are lying. His first post he didn't deem it important enough to mention the fact that someone was killed in this accident which makes a big difference rather than the impression given that a fender and hood got crumpled. His statement that Ohio will not allow him to get his Michigan license is either a boldface lie or, drum roll please..... he is now a convicted criminal due to the accident. He either tested positive, was running with serious logbook violations, or both, due to the length of time that has passed I would venture a guess he is on felony probation which if he were only charged with one felony I think it would have been dropped to a misdemeanor. The only reason they are looking at giving him a regular license is the amount of time that has passed. Who here thinks if any sort of politician got wind of this they wouldn't be down there showing how hard they work against the system for the people. Oh Ronnie, you can't play the world's victim with people that know the industry because someone will put it together.

fortwayne

Not a Member
Ok. Now we learn that someone was killed. Now we see Ron "write" the governor of Ohio a letter, claiming the police in Ohio are crooks and liars...then he expects the governor to help him after this verbal assault. I will bet right here and now there were federal log book violations and evidence to support other charges vs Ron. While its easy to point the finger against corrupt police and whine about its the world against Ron, I feel 100% safe on saying this dude ain't telling the truth and is hiding even more of the fact..

fortwayne

Not a Member
In fact...ron...you had to be charged with something to have your cdl ripped out of your hands.what was it? Failure to have reflective tape..
I mean come on Guy...tell us and face the charges...I mean seriously was there jail Time...what were the charges..

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Ron just has a problem with the facts, he leaves out important facts like he plead no contest to vehicular manslaughter to avoid the likely hood of getting convicted of aggrevated vehicular manslaughter. He claims he has a witness that says the car ran the light yet did not mention multiple witnesses saying he was at fault and had made a left turn in front of the car. He also acts like he can get his CDL back again but again forgets to mention his heart attack that resulted in a stent being put in, no way he will be driving. All this complaining from Ron over 80 hours of community service, $353 paid to the court, and losing his CDL which would have been gone just after the accident anyway, the mentally retarded man that he killed can't even complain a little. Ron you have done to much complaining about this on other driving sites just looking for people to feel bad for you, well I don't, the way you twist and leave out facts proves you are dishonest.

Fostoria Municipal Court - Docket entry on traffic case number TRD 0501479

Ohio State Police playing politics cost me my CDL - Truckers Trucking Forum | Largest CDL Truck Driver Message Board

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b185/rwwood48/2005Newsarticle001.jpg

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Good work, Paullud.

One thing, there are a lot of drivers out here with stents. It's not something that will prevent you from driving.

I think for him though it would be the end since it was not elective and he had physical damage to his heart that forced him to get a stent, but who knows how much of what he has put online is true.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Kinda what I was thinking, too. I mean, not sure how an accident like that could stretch an artery like a rubber band, or why (or how) a stent could repair such damage.

fortwayne

Not a Member
I like the fact he has disappeared from this thread he started.
Oops they know the facts now.
I also like the fact he has the ignorance to claim no one stood up for him....not one witness....not even the Guy who said he didn't cause the accident.
Gee....he could have or would have been forced to testify if there was such a person.
Simple fact Ron was and is guilty...deal with the crime and the punishment that goes with it.
A person was killed due to his negligence I shed no tears or concern for him....he placed himself in the boat and he has to grow up and pay the price.
Is that cold? Maybe. But I can't tolerate people who kill people then blame the system....then on top of that use the Bible to attack the system and people who believe in justice.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I agree with you completely fortwayne, on the other side of things I hope you don't take this wrong but I think there are a lot of cops that do twist things, target certain people, and step on people's rights. I don't believe all cops do this but a lot do, not because they are bad people but they do it based on experience. As far as the police stepping on rights I believe it is because we are becoming a bunch of babies in this country and allow politicians to pass laws that our founding fathers would punch us in the face for.

PennyPincher

Active Expediter
Paul thanks for additional information it has me asking more questions. You claimed he plead guilty to a lesser charge, but in the docket you provided he plead not guilty on 2/14/2006.

Fort Wayne says he IS guilty and should pay the price. Well I still don't know what caused the accident, the photos have me asking, what really happened? But, he was found guilty by the court and received his two year suspension. Shouldn't his license be reinstated after he took his punishment?

My last question is for Ron. Did you complete everything the court ordered you to do?
2 years probation
80 hours community service and
10 driving court sessions

IF Ron complied with the court and completed his punishment THEN the State of Ohio has no right to deny him a license.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Paul thanks for additional information it has me asking more questions. You claimed he plead guilty to a lesser charge, but in the docket you provided he plead not guilty on 2/14/2006.

Fort Wayne says he IS guilty and should pay the price. Well I still don't know what caused the accident, the photos have me asking, what really happened? But, he was found guilty by the court and received his two year suspension. Shouldn't his license be reinstated after he took his punishment?

My last question is for Ron. Did you complete everything the court ordered you to do?
2 years probation
80 hours community service and
10 driving court sessions

IF Ron complied with the court and completed his punishment THEN the State of Ohio has no right to deny him a license.

Actually it shows he plead not guilty originally which is standard procedure in a criminal case. It shows on 2/14 he changed his plea from NG to NC or not guilty to no contest. His fines included one for vehicular manslaughter as well as a traffic ticket which I believe was the failure to yield ticket. In one of his other posts he claims that the Qualcomm showed he sat at the red light for 3 minutes, awfully long red light, to try to say the other guy was at fault, he then said the courts don't allow the information to be used because it is a system the companies use. An insurance adjuster told him that the defense would use the Qualcomm info and it is an important part of their defense, Ron didn't bother replying of course even though he continued to answer other questions.

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I'll guarantee you the Qualcomm did not show he was sitting at a red light, or anywhere else for that matter, for three minutes, even if he was in fact, motionless for three minutes.

fortwayne

Not a Member
Yes some police target certain people, races, etc....but to say alot I don't feel that is true.
I was working a black neighborhood one night and spotted two white men walking between houses....does that mean I targeted the two cause of their race?
Yes it does cause the situation dictated such.
Profiling or targeting certain people is a vital critical approach when used with some intelligence.
Now back to the issue at hand. Just because a person meets the original court order does not automatically reinstate his license.
It says he paid he's fines but it does not say anywhere he fulfilled the other requirements.
There r alot of evidence here which clearly points to the fact the Guy is telling only the truth when it benefits him.