ohio and split speeds

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Did Ohio get rid of split speeds on all the roads or just some of the roads? This law is confusing some roads like US 23 and I-76 are still marked 55mph trucks 65 cars. Some like the turnpike and I-75 are 65mph for cars and trucks.

ryan8374

Expert Expediter
Did Ohio get rid of split speeds on all the roads or just some of the roads? This law is confusing some roads like US 23 and I-76 are still marked 55mph trucks 65 cars. Some like the turnpike and I-75 are 65mph for cars and trucks.

The speed limit is 65 along the interstates in non-urban areas. Highways should still be 55.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Yeah, I usually read the signs too, I was just wondering b/c I remember something about Ohio getting rid of the split speeds. It sucks having to go 55 all the time. LOL:rolleyes:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Well I guess it's like michigan. They have 60 mph for trucks and changed the minimal speed to for some reason which causes some confusion.

They just need to make the state speed limit 60 (in city) or 70 with the 45 minimal.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Well I guess it's like michigan. They have 60 mph for trucks and changed the minimal speed to for some reason which causes some confusion.

They just need to make the state speed limit 60 (in city) or 70 with the 45 minimal.

Always wondered, does the minimum speed count when it is snowy and icy out, there are times I don't feel safe at 45mph

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter

With the exception of inbound traffic on N/bound I-75.
The first 20 or so miles needs to be reduced to 35mph for safe operating conditions. All the repairs are worst then the some of the old holes. It beats the living sheet out of my truck:mad:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
All the repairs are worst then the some of the old holes. It beats the living sheet out of my truck:mad:

This goes for a lot of the repairs under the stimulus debt. I noticed the "repairs" are crap, even in some parts of Indiana and Kentucky they just dumped asphalt on the road, ran it over with a roller a few times and that was it. No cutting or taking down the surface, no feathering ... just a two inch lump of asphalt sitting on the road. When you hit it, you know it. I also noticed they are ripping up good roads that didn't need any repairs. We just rebuilt a section of 75 and now they are ripping it up again.

Always wondered, does the minimum speed count when it is snowy and icy out, there are times I don't feel safe at 45mph

It don't seem to matter. There are a lot of people who can't seem to drive more than 40 mph on the freeway, especially in the Ann Arbor area.