oh no 1st time to New York City!!

Ftransit

Veteran Expediter
Driver
What's the best way for a newbie to go into new York going to ave. of the Americas...

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Depends on where you are going on 6th Ave. 35 the street or 17th Street?

Ftransit

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Best I can tell it's Soho area, thanks yes we were planning to be there by 6am, just trying to figure out best areas to cross.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Doesn't matter if you drive in at 03:00-04:00. Just you and the cabs. If you aren't due until morning, wait. Sooooo much easier overnight. Delivered on Water St a while back. Drive in at 03:30 at 35-40 MPH. All the way down. Then grabbed a sammy at a 24 hour deli. Napped and woke up right on time. But don't be alarmed. The local police meet in groups of 8-15 right down on the sidewalks each morning. It's like roll call. I woke to an officer knocking on our window asking if I could move down 50 feet so the police chief could have my premium parking spot. Heck ya! Then THEY parted the seas so I could cross the street and move down a bit. NY cops were very kind to me.
But wait and go at 03:00. Breeze!!!

Ftransit

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Thank you Murray, we were 1st told due Sunday 8:30, then was changed to Monday said it was a typo, so sitting at home til Sunday...not set up with ezpass yet but looking more like we will soon.

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
Don't sweat it, ( we all do ) you have a great vehicle for NY :) Get there early and enjoy a Bagel and coffee, street vendors there rock but not till 04:30.
You will be fine