oh no 1st time to New York City!!

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Best I can tell it's Soho area, thanks yes we were planning to be there by 6am, just trying to figure out best areas to cross.

You will be fine either way but I would go in on I78. The roads can knock a kidney loose in the NYC area so watch for potholes.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You'll probably have to deliver to the alley around back, so that's something to keep in mind.

Ftransit

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Yeah been checking google for alley access.
Thank you all for your help and advice it is very much appreciated!!!

Ftransit

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Thanks everyone, we drove in through Holland Tunnel site was just a couple of blocks away, no one would accept the load. Had to layover til next day when they said they would have a forklift 8am.
Drove back next day 8am again no one would accept it and no forklift.
Long story short technician finally arrived a day late his flight was changed we pulled it off by hand.
Will NEVER take another load to NYC. :-\

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Gee, you're the first person to ever say that. :D

Most loads to NYC aren't like that.

Most of the time you aren't turned away. You usually have to hand unload and then do inside delivery, though.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Thanks everyone, we drove in through Holland Tunnel site was just a couple of blocks away, no one would accept the load. Had to layover til next day when they said they would have a forklift 8am.
Drove back next day 8am again no one would accept it and no forklift.
Long story short technician finally arrived a day late his flight was changed we pulled it off by hand.
Live and learn.

Ftransit

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Glad it wasn't inside delivery....460lb pump...wouldn't fit through interior doorways...having to wait to install until elevator is working.
They did tell us: You're not in SC, things are done differently in NYC!

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Yeah, it's different. So far, every inside delivery I've done in the City was rewarded with a tip. Several $20s, a few $50s, and twice I've been handed $100 bills.

None of those, incidentally, sufficiently compensated me for delivering to NYC.
All I ever get is free t-shirts, gee cash money!

Reactions: mrgoodtude