off duty driving

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
Thanks for the clarification Tennesseeahawk . Regs are so confusing I'd believe about anything . I'm home taking a 34 hour restart and called the Bristol , IN main dispatch to check for a load for tomorrow . They said call whenever i'm ready and they'd set me up for a load . So I'm still unassigned . I didn't load out of that terminal so if I know I can get a load there and drive there before being assigned a load I should be still off duty until they tell me where I'm headed , right ?

Biged1

New Recruit
Researching
I delivered campers for years and logged off duty i had my own insjrance for personal use the only miles i deducted on taxes were loaded bjt if you are going back to get a load you're on duty driving on vacation or going home you're off but different dot officers see things the way they want so who knows what will happen. Some companies are different than others and reauire you to log back driving.

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I’ll put my 2 cents in.
As per FCSA

May a driver, who drops his or her last load at a receiver’s facility use personal conveyance to return to their normal work location (i.e. home or terminal?)

No. Returning home or to the terminal from a dispatched trip is a continuation of the trip, and therefore cannot be considered personal conveyance.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
I would check with OOID, they have a lot of info