October location...

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Currently between New York City and Jacksonville, FL. Picking up Sunday that will put me between Flint and Atlanta Monday A.M. Then off south and east of the Mississippi....

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Mystery? It's no mystery, I know zakly where I am.....right here under this tree....and no, I didn't just fall out of it...

You know they can't ping you if you're under a tree! And Ken's somewhere between the Pacific and the Atlantic.

...hehehe...

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
Dropped last night in Boston, was prepared to sit there until Monday, and when I woke up this morning and glanced at the computer, there was a hot load from Connecticut to Detroit. I'll be dropping that tonight and making it home for church in the morning.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You know they can't ping you if you're under a tree! And Ken's somewhere between the Pacific and the Atlantic.

...hehehe...

That's why I'm under the tree....Besides I have my load picking up Sunday afternoon. Hope he likes NYC! He'll be headed there if he doesn't move out of NJ,

hz909

Seasoned Expediter
Monday morning through Saturday morning: KC to Brownville, NE going to Philadelphia - 1,327 miles that required a POD within 21 hours. On the return trip back to KC, I landed a load from STL to KC. Then a pick up south of KC going to Gainesville, Ga. Then back to KC. Friday I did a couple of local air freight quickies while waiting for something better to pop up...then I was off to South Bend, IN and back to KC by Saturday morning. 4,984 total miles.

Today I did an oil change, restocked and reorganized the van, and got it looking pretty. Currently consuming a cold one (or two) and watching the Royals fail to eliminate the Twins, and hanging out with the fam.

Tomorrow will be a big family dinner at my grandmother's, and watching football.

Life is good.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Sittin at a friends house watchin the LSU/Georgia game. sorry I missed ya the other day piper...I was out cold....:) Now I am in Florida out of the cold weather:D:D:D

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Sunny CA and this place is a dive.

I'm bored.

Some body said in another thread freight is picking up

I think not as From what I see the 6 & 10 wheelers are moving but the 18 wheelers not as much.

Bread back in the 80 was about a buck twelve but now its over 2.50.

The cost of bread went up but the Price of Freight sure has seemed to drop.
must be something to do with that deregulation thing that had happened way back when, but like Reaganomics's its just started now getting to us now as it was trickle down.
hm-mm

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We are now in Fr. Smith, AR. We deliver here Monday. We have NOT been sitting much!! :D Let's hope things keep rollin!!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I used to live near there. There is a nice lake in the city center of Boiling Springs. It is quiet and you would enjoy just sitting next too it.