October banter and locations.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
“Hamster wheel “ just the description I was reaching for... there are many in that loop... they just can’t see it.., they think they are doing ok... but at the end of a few years they are no further ahead fromwhen they started...
I can't get off the wheel because I don't know how deep the wood chips in my cage are?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app
Obviously... since you can’t even judge water depth... :pokepoke:

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I can't get off the wheel because I don't know how deep the wood chips in my cage are?

Obviously... since you can’t even judge water depth... :pokepoke:

The definition of relief is when the blue lights and siren pop up behind you, you move right, and he/she keeps on going.

76d2d09f85677fdd9d9e516330a5206e.gif
This is how reading about WOM makes me feel ...

my Poking sticks are donated by OVM Mfg. of Bison , SD.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Me offended? Not. I fully expect to lose ANY driver that isn't where they need to be. We've lost drivers, of course, and I'm guessing those drivers are the ones that I could not meet their needs consistently enough.
Pretty simple.

But am I supposed to be offended when the math doesn't work for that individual? No.
I'm usually quite disappointed when I just can't keep the ball rolling well enough.

But me offended by anything said on EO by anyone that doesn't know the details of each load and partnership we have with each of or drivers??? Why the hell would that be?

That would kind of be like hating someone that you don't know and don't know anything about. It just doesn't jive.

All good.

**And don't think for a minute we are one of those carriers that runs for 50 CPM off the Mexican border. Just not the case.
My drivers need to correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall any of them EVER running anything that cheap. I think twice in 5.5 years we had drivers on loads that averaged 60 CPM all miles. And that was freaking embarrassing to me that I couldn't land anything higher than that. Twice, I think that's happened.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
Hey, don't you have more important things to do other than read this tabloid?

Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers ...

The hypothetical .50 that I mentioned was ... All Miles for an individual owner/op over 1 yr. Not individual runs for any specific carrier. If you happen to DH a whole lot! that figure isn't foolish.

Sent from my VS987 using EO Forums mobile app

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Me offended? Not. I fully expect to lose ANY driver that isn't where they need to be. We've lost drivers, of course, and I'm guessing those drivers are the ones that I could not meet their needs consistently enough.
Pretty simple.

But am I supposed to be offended when the math doesn't work for that individual? No.
I'm usually quite disappointed when I just can't keep the ball rolling well enough.

But me offended by anything said on EO by anyone that doesn't know the details of each load and partnership we have with each of or drivers??? Why the hell would that be?

That would kind of be like hating someone that you don't know and don't know anything about. It just doesn't jive.

All good.

**And don't think for a minute we are one of those carriers that runs for 50 CPM off the Mexican border. Just not the case.
My drivers need to correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall any of them EVER running anything that cheap. I think twice in 5.5 years we had drivers on loads that averaged 60 CPM all miles. And that was freaking embarrassing to me that I couldn't land anything higher than that. Twice, I think that's happened.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
Hey, don't you have more important things to do other than read this tabloid?

Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers ...

The hypothetical .50 that I mentioned was ... All Miles for an individual owner/op over 1 yr. Not individual runs for any specific carrier. If you happen to DH a whole lot! that figure isn't foolish.

Sent from my VS987 using EO Forums mobile app
That .50 ALL mile is quite possible at some carriers. They chase someone to go get it and it goes to BFE with no chance of a load out...
Some take absolute advantage of the uneducated newbie .

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Juju has become Adjusted to the Tastes of a Mule ... more or less ..

As Larry the Cable Guy would say:

"I don't care what you think, that there's funny"

Ovm is out Fishing ... Lake CowPasture doesn't have great wireless service ....

Reactions: OntarioVanMan