Obamas begin weeklong Martha's Vineyard vacation

Poorboy

Expert Expediter

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Hmmm ok, lets see..he goes out and is "working the stump" for one of his bills that will ruin this country, goes on "dates" with his wife, flys overseas to make apologies for all that America has done to the rest of the world, meets and hugs Hugo...and thats just to name a few...yea the only time he spends in DC he is plotting to destory our country

Let him go on vacation...maybe it will a least be time away from his working on those plans...but i read somewhere he has invited some of his "advisors" because they need a new plan to get th American People BACK inline!" LOL, and he included the racist professor from his "beer summit".....so i guess it is a "working" vacation....:rolleyes:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Remember this -

Presidents never go on "Vacation", they reduce their workload and then spend our money so their family to enjoy time away from being in prison....... I mean the WH.

I think as a rule, presidents should not have small children when they run, they should be adults and not a burden to the tax payer.

In his case I think he has done less than other presidents have done in the way of actual work. He has had a lot of meetings with different groups, has talk a lot on TV which no other president has had so much prime time air time and has actually embarrassed the country faster than any other president, even Carter never worked this fast.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
He doesn't pay for the contingent of planes for all the reporters to go, the guests that are invited, Air Force One and all the support teams outside of the security he has - communications, white house press, first lady's staff (*cough) and even the white house kitchen staff to prepare the brats (and their guests) the $50 pizzas.

There is something like 4 or 5 planes full of people and stuff that go where ever he goes and the logistics is well coordinated and very expensive.

We won't get into the prep work that is done at the state and local levels to get this done, which is a burden on the people.

Not to mention Biden who being VP has an additional staff with him just in case that travel with him.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Most of what you describe above happens regardless of where he goes.

So.....that is true to a point but if you look at the trips in the past, you can see that this entourage has expanded a lot, which includes the First lady's staff and friends - we have a term for it in the Detroit area that is not meant for forums.

You said facts, so there are facts that explain that he and his staff saying he pays for his vacation is BS to make it look like he is like the common people ...... he is one of us - it is a trick.

It is not a vacation where he books a cruise or takes the family to Disney, it is something that a lot of people are involved to make sure he is safe and can do his job as president.

He can't pull out the Amex, it doesn't work that way at all.

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
The interest on the deficit for one day is likely more than Obama, his family, and any entourage will spend during his entire term in office. Griping about this minutia is silly.
If I were a betting man I'd bet what you call an entourage in Detroit would have Al Sharpton in an uproar..how close am I?

greg334

Veteran Expediter
1 - fiscal responsibility starts at the top. Obama speaks of us taking it on the chin until the country gets better but he himself has no self-control.

2 - we are talking about the BS statements that people believe he is paying for his own vacations. It is BS and nothing more than to trick the people into believing he is like them.

3 - the term has to do with him and his wife, and Oprah, it is from the blacks here who don't like elitist. If you heard it, you will agree with it and I am not going to repeat it.

4 - Like Michigan's flawed leadership, the WH is using the same tactics; blame others and take vacations. Nothing gets done at Vacations, especially when one is traveling to pay homage to a murderer who is part of a family of bootlegger and thief.

5 - gripping about it shows we are aware of it, not something that should be considered silly. It is equal in importance as the firing of US attorneys under the bush administration which means it is not important in itself but shows as part of business at the WH that people otherwise don't or can't understand.