Obama At Odds With The ACLU

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
All of you who seem to think President Obama is lock step with the left wing wackos better think again. Obama does not want any more photos or information released about alleged torture of terrorists.

Obama reverses on releasing detainee photos - Josh Gerstein - POLITICO.com

Obama is in lockstep with the ACLU. Originally, he gave full support to releasing these photos. He had to be talked out of it by people of substance, such as Dick Cheney. Thanks for acknowledging the ACLU are left wing wackos.

In matters of national security, I want to believe Obama will do what is best for America. Let's see if a pattern evolves where Obama takes good advice. It would be a welcome surprise.

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
Obama is in lockstep with the ACLU. Originally, he gave full support to releasing these photos. He had to be talked out of it by people of substance, such as Dick Cheney. Thanks for acknowledging the ACLU are left wing wackos.

In matters of national security, I want to believe Obama will do what is best for America. Let's see if a pattern evolves where Obama takes good advice. It would be a welcome surprise.

Sure would, But I Wouldn't Bet my Last Dollar On It!:D

tallcal101

Veteran Expediter
Yea,men of substance like Dick (sic) Cheney!! Who let the dogs out ? This w wingman was smart enough to keep his *** out of the spot light for most of the second term as he knew how deep the muck was. Now,with w safely tucked away in Crawford,this archetect of most of what was wrong for 8 years is coming up for air on Sunday morning talk shows. Unfortuantly for Dick,he came off as a second rate punk bully with Bob Shiefer who pounded him bloody.
Substance alright,the man who made secret deals with oil companies and who's former texas company ripped the tax payers to the tune of 1.5 billion at last count.Not to mention his decision to run from where the real bad guys were and go after Sadam.
Glad he's your hero,you two deserve each other.

Last edited:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
well taking emotion out of this, there is another reason for the delay (yes delay), Obama must have been read the riot act from the Military in Iraq, explaining the touchyness of the situation there and by saying no, he can now delay that until we pull out and let Iraq hang themselves.

As for the ACLU, I was reading the comments from the chapter who started all of this, and their leader said that they are doing this to fight for the rights of the prisoners, so I offer to the ACLU my truck so they can sell it, fly a bunch of people over there and try to see if they can pull the same cr*p there as they do here. They will not last long.....

.....who's former texas company ripped the tax payers to the tune of 1.5 billion at last count.

Tallcal, I have to remind you that even though this may be true, Obama, the dems and ACORN has been fleecing us for a lot more than money, nothing to be proud of there for anyone involved.

tallcal101

Veteran Expediter
Greg,all I heard from you for 4 years was what a lousy deal w inherited from Bill.Even though it looked like a surplus,and we all made piles of money under the Clinton 8 years,w's troubles were all a result of Bill's fumbling on the 1 yard line in overtime.The fact we had no clue how bad it was going to get under w was still all Bills fault.

OK,so I give you that. By the time the second congress emerged,the ship had already been put on a financial colision course by the "unregulation" of Greed Incorporated,othersise known as the smart guys,like PAULSON and co. on Wall Street.They broke the bank Greg,and I don't mean just one bank or one investment firm.
Your continued unwavering issue with the need to find a stable course to navigate out of the w legacy without spending is far feteched and based on assumptions that have nothing to do with real assesment of what needs to be done.It's not pretty Greg,but then niether was w's complete lack of oversite and even being concerned about the credit markets,or even pretending to listen to what a handfull of some very wise economists were trying to tell him and his financial cronnies.
Obama is doing what w' failed to do for 8 years. SOMETHING. I sware,w was a deer in the headlights from day one. This was of little concern to his loyal following of minions that endorsed their Prince for a second term. Things literally got twice as bad until the people said enough and changed Congress.

So belly ache as you feel you need to,but don't blame the current piano player,he did not write the music,but he has to play the tune my man. And he has had to improvise as a result of the lost pages of the end of the symphony named "The W Minuet For Blow Hards In F Minor".

Packmule

Expert Expediter
Say what you will about the Past and Present administrations, I only have Faith in the American Public now. We sat by dumb and happy in the previous administration and let things go down the crapper without a word, until it came up and bit us in the azz. When it could be felt in our paychecks and our ability to have the things we took for granted did we start screaming CHANGE!
Well we got CHANGE alright but did we get more than we asked for??
I do have faith in America and based on the reports from Senators and Congressmen the PEOPLE are stepping up and forcing issues by getting involved more than they have in the past 30 years. Letters, Emails, Phone calls on a daily basis are having an influence in the stand they make in their vote. Forget Party lines and let them know unconditionally what we feel and that they represent us ...THE AMERICAN PUBLIC THAT IS AMERICA!!

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Andy man,
I agree with you on a lot of the Bush issues, he spent too much and got us with the start of the bail outs and so on but he inherited the same amount from Billy that Billy inherited from Old man Bush and Obama inherited from Bush W - make sense?

The difference is this, Billy put up road blocks within our intelligence community, he rode the tech bubble and handed our future to Bush with the housing bubble laws, he made it out like Bush ruined the surplus (projected not actual) that he created, so I can't complain about much after that.

BUT we can't spend our way out of this, the economist are saying one thing out in the open while they are scared to death and not telling the public the truth that they can't figure out what is going to happen next. History has proven that we can't spend our way out of it, and if you look at Obama's and Bush's push for all of this and what actually took place in the congress with all the shifting of money and spending on non-job/economy related stuff, it is clear that the bulk of the money is spent in the wrong direction.

The people who are the real bright ones were the ones saying "don't do a thing, let it all ride out and we will be alright a lot sooner". These are the ones who looked at the '07 depression and the late 20's and saw the same things happening here and now. Something may be what we don't need, congress is the real problem anyway.

We have spent so much money that we could have handed everyone $20k and said have at it and it would have done more than what has been happening.

When do You, meaning Andy, say where the line of reasonablity starts with this? I mean for 6 years into Bush's administration, we have been told he has been mounting a debt that our great grandchildren will be stuck with but since th new congress has taken over and that we have that Obama guy in the WH, it is alright to allow that debt to be forced on our great great grandchildren to make the people who don't get it happy?

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Greg,all I heard from you for 4 years was what a lousy deal w inherited from Bill.Even though it looked like a surplus,and we all made piles of money under the Clinton 8 years,w's troubles were all a result of Bill's fumbling on the 1 yard line in overtime.The fact we had no clue how bad it was going to get under w was still all Bills fault.

OK,so I give you that. By the time the second congress emerged,the ship had already been put on a financial colision course by the "unregulation" of Greed Incorporated,othersise known as the smart guys,like PAULSON and co. on Wall Street.They broke the bank Greg,and I don't mean just one bank or one investment firm.
Your continued unwavering issue with the need to find a stable course to navigate out of the w legacy without spending is far feteched and based on assumptions that have nothing to do with real assesment of what needs to be done.It's not pretty Greg,but then niether was w's complete lack of oversite and even being concerned about the credit markets,or even pretending to listen to what a handfull of some very wise economists were trying to tell him and his financial cronnies.
Obama is doing what w' failed to do for 8 years. SOMETHING. I sware,w was a deer in the headlights from day one. This was of little concern to his loyal following of minions that endorsed their Prince for a second term. Things literally got twice as bad until the people said enough and changed Congress.

So belly ache as you feel you need to,but don't blame the current piano player,he did not write the music,but he has to play the tune my man. And he has had to improvise as a result of the lost pages of the end of the symphony named "The W Minuet For Blow Hards In F Minor".

So once again we have another frothy post without substance, just bloviating more Bush derangement syndrome. Totally out of touch with reality, and no recognition of the failures by the Democrat controlled congress when it was obvious Freddie and Fannie were sinking fast and regulation was being proposed by the GOP. All conservatives are fools and all left wing radicals are saviors - enlightened, educated and just plain better than the unwashed masses that claim to be Republicans or Conservatives, yadda, yadda, ad infinitum, ad nauseum. Would it be possible for you to make a post without the condescending attitude toward people that don't agree with you? Could you possibly leave the perverted Bush hatred behind and focus on present issues and their consequences? The GOP politicians weren't perfect when they were in control of congress, but be aware that the Democrats aren't exactly pristine either. Maybe instead of lowering yourself to this forum for amusement you should spend time watching re-runs of The View.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Personally id like to believe barry is being hionest with the people...but for some reason i don't trust him... yea he caught a bunch of crap form the military, but he doesn't care about that one way or another...so he comes out, tells everyine he changed his mind and now want to go back to court to reverse his 1st opinion...B/S...yea he said all that, but he figures the court has ruled, they won't reverse themselves and the pictures will come out and he can say. "hey i tried"..............the 1st case was and is his opinion, he is covering all of his bases with this 2nd going back to court, nothing else........

DougTravels

Not a Member
All conservatives are fools and all left wing radicals are saviors - enlightened, educated and just plain better than the unwashed masses that claim to be Republicans or Conservatives

I wouldn't say all left wing radicals are saviors.
I do agree with the jist though especially the first and last parts!

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Thank goodness I'm not a liberal or a democrat or a republican.