Obama Are You Kidding Me?

spudhead911

Seasoned Expediter
I might not be all that bright but I know when I’m getting the shaft. The bailout of the financial institutions, what a farce. They took the billions of dollars, stuck it in their pockets, then came back and asked for billions more, and they got it. Freddie Mac just asked for $20 billion more, and Fanny Mae says it needs $16 billion more. And you know what Mr. President Obama is gonna give it to them.
President Obama now wants each state to be able to set its own emissions standards. Can you picture the already ailing auto industry, which we just bailed out, trying to make cars to suit each states standard? The auto industry is in enough trouble, it might be their own doing, but they sure don’t need this new brainstorm idea our new president wants to put in place. He should at least have waited until the auto makers got a chance to get back on their feet. It makes no sense. The government gave billions of dollars to the ailing auto industry then turns around and hamstrings them with a stupid move that will do nothing but cause the auto makers to fail and close their doors.
Mr. President if this is your idea of change, it sucks! The auto industry will surely collapse, leading to hundreds of thousands of jobs lost. How will this help the economy you said you were going to fix?
Greenhouse gasses might be an important issue, but right there are more important issues. The economy is in the crapper, we are fighting wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, banks are failing right and left, every month unemployment goes up, people are losing their homes, to name just a few things that need immediate attention. And what do, dig the hole a little deeper for the auto industry.
I wonder where this new administration is headed. President Obama said he was going to change things, well he sure did. Only one of his first changes was for the worse, not better. I do believe the man is out of his mind.
I didn’t vote for the man, but I said to myself I would give him a chance. What I have seen so far leads me to believe he has no idea what he is doing, or maybe he does. Maybe he wants to run this country into the ground. Maybe he has his own agenda, and it’s not one that will help America, but bury it.
I am beginning to think that he is just another snake oil salesman; only this one is the leader of the once strongest country on this planet. Notice I said once, that was no mistake. Our military is stretched to its limits. We have borrowed billions upon billions of dollars from China. We depend on foreign oil. We have shipped thousands of jobs overseas. We have let big business send its manufacturing plants to third world countries. President Obama and his handpicked staff should be busy trying to find solutions to the afore mentioned issues, bring back the jobs, the manufacturing, strengthen the dollar, either fight to win the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan or get our troops out. But what is on the top of his must do list? Smog!
Another thing on his to do list is to take away our 2nd amendment rights. Every person he has placed in a position of power, or who was already in a position of power is anti-gun. Let’s name a few: Vice President Biden, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Obama’s Chief of Staff, the new Attorney General, Speaker of The House Ms. Polosi, and the list goes on.
Very soon you will be seeing Bills introduced for “reasonable gun restrictions”. President Obama will be reinstating the 1994 gun ban instituted by former President Clinton. Mr. Obama’s version will encompass more guns, and include ammunition as well. I urge all who care about their 2nd amendment rights to join the NRA and write their Congressmen and let them know how you feel.
It’s just going to be matter of time before all the dim wits who thought Obama was the second coming realize they were taken in. These people were taken in with empty words and promises. I watched and listened to some of his speeches. To me the man sounded like a revival preacher, promising a land of milk and honey if they became believers. What a bunch of belly wash.
I’m not a racist, it does not bother me one small bit that we have a black president. It just shows how far we have come. From separate water fountains, separate entrances, and riding in the back of the bus, to a black man becoming president. Americans have come far. But, voting for a man just because he is black, without regard for his stand on political issues, as many people did, isn’t a way to vote for the leader of a country.
Smog! The man is more concerned with smog than where families will get their next meal from, or where they will sleep tomorrow night because the bank is taking their home. Smog! The man is more concerned about smog than keeping us out of an impending depression, which will surely lead to the downfall of the USA.
Thank you Mr. President for instituting a program that will not help me feed my family, provide shelter for my family, or give me a job, but will let me breath better in about 1000 years. Maybe you need to take your head out of your butt and tackle issues that our country needs solved now. While you are so concerned with smog, China, India, Russia, and Mexico, to name a few countries, are spewing millions of tons of deadly emissions out of smoke stacks from factories American Big Businesses built in those countries just so they could get away with spewing the toxins.
Take the blinders off people; this man who was put in office by people who voted for him for reasons other than his qualifications might just be the straw that breaks this country’s back.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
"President Obama now wants each state to be able to set its own emissions standards."

Not true. Not even close.

"Can you picture the already ailing auto industry, which we just bailed out, trying to make cars to suit each states standard?"

No, I can't. Neither can anyone else. Won't happen. Can't happen. The EPA Act says it can't. California is the only state that is allowed to have a wavier differing from federal standards (but only in certain ways). Other states can choose to use the federal standards, or they can choose to follow the California standards. But in no way can they chose to set a standard of their own that is not either the federal or the California standard.

If you managed to get this basic fact so completely and fundamentally wrong, then it stands to reason there may be other issues regarding Obama and a few other issues that you might have at least slightly misleading information about and may have come to possibly incorrect conclusions. These issues, and many more, are more fully explored in the CAT 20,000 Jobs thread.

spudhead911

Seasoned Expediter
well turtle we are not all knowing as you are. Some of us read things differently than others. Sometimes you think you sit on the right hand of God and what you say is gospel, and what others say is always wrong. that is not always so. I'm not always right, but I'm not always wrong either. You think you are always right, wich makes you wrong. I have my opinions, and I am entitled to post them, to me they are right. Maybe I read something different than you that stated what I posted. Maybe I read it wrong, maybe I didn't. Some of the things I posted could be wrong, I know some are right.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You can't refute what I said, you can't attack me and defend yourself with the facts, so you attack me with childish and immature personal attacks? Are you kiddin' me?

I didn't personally attack you in any way. You really don't want to go there. I discussed the misinterpretation of the facts, why the conclusions are wrong, and gave you a pointer to another thread where this and many other things have already been discussed in detail, which shows that your misunderstandings of the facts is neither unique nor unusual. Posting your opinions are one thing, until you start passing them off as fact. Instead of choosing to educate yourself, you lash out at me. If you don't want, or more to the point, can't handle, your opinions and ignorance being criticized, then don't put them out there in a public forum for people to do so.

Incidentally, you have no idea what I think. If you did, you'd know how moronic that "right hand of God" line sounds. And I don't think I'm always right, so you're wrong about that, too. You really should consider a rewrite of your sig.

It's OK. Go ahead, you can bang your laptop keyboard if you want to. Use the Lord's name in vain a time or two, tell me what I should do to myself. Maybe stick your tongue out at the monitor, too. That'll show me.

spudhead911

Seasoned Expediter
You can't refute what I said, you can't attack me and defend yourself with the facts, so you attack me with childish and immature personal attacks? Are you kiddin' me?

I didn't personally attack you in any way. You really don't want to go there. I discussed the misinterpretation of the facts, why the conclusions are wrong, and gave you a pointer to another thread where this and many other things have already been discussed in detail, which shows that your misunderstandings of the facts is neither unique nor unusual. Posting your opinions are one thing, until you start passing them off as fact. Instead of choosing to educate yourself, you lash out at me. If you don't want, or more to the point, can't handle, your opinions and ignorance being criticized, then don't put them out there in a public forum for people to do so.

Incidentally, you have no idea what I think. If you did, you'd know how moronic that "right hand of God" line sounds. And I don't think I'm always right, so you're wrong about that, too. You really should consider a rewrite of your sig.

It's OK. Go ahead, you can bang your laptop keyboard if you want to. Use the Lord's name in vain a time or two, tell me what I should do to myself. Maybe stick your tongue out at the monitor, too. That'll show me.

Ok Turtle, for the record this is not a personal attack, because heaven forbid if I get a suspension for unsetting the poster or a moderator. This is my opinion.
I post because I like to and it’s fun. I know sometimes I am wrong, as are other people, including you. I am not childish or immature just because I personally attacked you, I did it because I wanted to get a rise out of you, and succeeded.
I don’t need, nor did I want any “pointers” from you. Yes it is an open forum and I am open to ‘pointers” we all know that and don’t need it pointed out to us, as you always do.
Yes I do want to go there, bring on, I’m up for it.
Just because you think there are misinterpretations of facts and the conclusions are wrong doesn’t make it so. You and your following might think it is, but I don’t have to.
My misunderstandings of the facts is neither unique nor unusual, maybe you misunderstand the facts which is neither unique nor unusual.
I posted my opinions; I might have passed them on as fact because I believe they are. You and your cronies are not the only people who are right, although you try to pass yourself off as all knowing.
I lashed out at you because no matter what anyone on any of these forums has to say you tend to go out of your way to prove them wrong. I did not lash out at you because I am ignorant, which I am not. I believe that you saying I am show your ignorance.
You can criticize me all you want; it seems to me it is your main goal on the forums to criticize those you don’t agree with. I can handle anything you can throw at me and then some.
I never used the Lords name in vain. I don’t need to bang the keyboard on my laptop, and I haven’t ever stuck my tongue out at the monitor, maybe you have, but I haven’t. I don’t believe I told you what you could do to yourself.
I post because I like to. I find it fun. I post my opinions. I post what I believe is true.
I know I am not always right and I am not always wrong. I am expressing myself.
Maybe you are more educated than I. I have a high school education. I don’t know or use those big $10 words people well educated seem to like to throw around. Maybe you are better read than I. that doesn’t make you the all knowing person (in my opinion) you try to prove yourself to be.
Have fun tear mine and everyone else’s posts apart line by line to show where their error, according to you) are. I will keep on posting, shake my head and laugh as you continue to be the self proclaimed “Forum Police”.
So now I will wait for you with baited breath to reply to this post in your usual tear apart, I know more than you manner.
Maybe if you stopped being so anal about things you would see that this is just great fun for me and most here. We just like posting and don’t need you to point out our errors. I know a lot of very intelligent people that have no common sense, have to run to Google or other search engines to prove people wrong, to fortify themselves that they are above us regular folks. Could you be one of those people? I don’t know if you are because I don’t know you.
Don’t judge me and I won’t judge you?
I now await your reply in which you will undoubtedly make me see the errors of my post, Yeah Right. Then again I could be wrong.
Just my Opinion

copdsux

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Turtle's comments meet my definition of "tact": The ability to tell someone to go to hell and make them glad to be on their way.

Mike

p.s. Spud: Try to breakdown your longer posts into paragraphs
it makes them easier to read and follow.

spudhead911

Seasoned Expediter
Turtle's comments meet my definition of "tact": The ability to tell someone to go to hell and make them glad to be on their way.

Mike

p.s. Spud: Try to breakdown your longer posts into paragraphs
it makes them easier to read and follow.

Instead of tact why don't just come out and say what he means instead of beating around the bush which is his usual tactic. Beating around the bush and double talk is what has gotten this country in the mess its in. Just come on out and say what you mean. Us uneducated folks understand that better.

Thanks for the advice on the longer posts, I will try to do that.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I didn't beat around the bush at all. I merely didn't attack you on a personal level. It's ironic that you had to post another reply, a rather lengthy one, that is essentially all about me and why you don't like me. But, in your view, that's not a personal attack. Uhm, okay. It's a little weird, in any case.

Contrary to your belief, I don't think I know everything, nor have I ever proclaimed myself as all knowing. There are many subjects I am well versed in, and there are many that I am not. I tend to not comment on things I know little about. In other words, I pick and choose where and when I want to comment. Is there something wrong with that? But to ease your mind on exactly what I profess myself to be, I claim to be smart, and I claim to be an idiot, often both at the same time.

I have read the Clean Air Act, as well as all of the amendments as they became law, plus the waivers from California. I may have misunderstood what I read in there, as you assert, but I don't think so, since the actions of governments and businesses regarding the Act have mirrored what I understood the Act to mean.

As for the pointer to the other thread, and the fact that you don't want or need it, I have to tell you that I find it astonishing that something as innocent as, "These issues, and many more, are more fully explored in the CAT 20,000 Jobs thread," would get someone all bent out of shape. But I will certainly try to restrain myself in the future in any replies to you with regard to giving you pointers to where additional information may be found. That's assuming I even take note of who I am replying to, as I often do not.

If you knew me anywhere near as well as you think you do, then you'd know that I tend to reply to what is posted, rather than to who posted it. Doing so virtually eliminates personal attacks and keeps things more civil all around. But that's just me, and I'm aware that I'm in the minority here on that score.

I post here for the same reason you do, it's fun. It's fun even when people don't agree with me. I don't expect anyone to agree with anything I ever say, actually. But again, if you can't handle people commenting on or criticizing your posts, then don't put them out there in a public forum.

2czykats

Seasoned Expediter
Okay you two, I enjoy both of you guys post alot. They make for interesting reads. Not just same opinions with no wavering in different directions. So since were all are going to keep posting on here lets shake imaginary hands and get on with some new opinionated posts.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I like the part about sticking your tounge out, what about a really good NA NA NEE BOO BOO to go with it? LOL I just assume that if Obama wants it then it sucks. That makes it easy for me. Just as he assumes the guilt of anyone who wants to purchase or own a gun or ammunition I assume that everything he does is wrong. Life is easy if you make so. Layoutshooter

spudhead911

Seasoned Expediter
Hey turtle, I never said I didn't like you. The fact is I do think you are a smart person, and I do enjoy reading most of your posts.

It just seems like sometimes you go out of your way to prove someone wrong. maybe that's your style, so be it.

I don't usually do a lot of posting but when I do I post things I read or hear about, and sometimes i just like to throw what I think out there. I don't mind the criticism, its part of the posting thing. I don't do a bunch of research or go on fact finding expeditions to make sure every word I post is absolutely true and correct. Sometimes I screw up because of it, but I would rather use my gut feelings than to have to be right all the time. I'm not saying that is what you do, I'm not personally attacking you here. I'm just saying this is the method I use to post.

I don't need or want pointers to where I might find differing opinions or where to find the true facts according to other people. If I wanted to delve into research and discovery I would do it. So I'm wrong on some stuff, I know I am, big deal, I don't need it pointed out with where I should look to find the errors in my post from anyone. But if anyone wants to go right ahead.

Anyway, enough of this this your wrong, your right, your smart, your not smart, etc.etc.
live and let live, post and let post.

Long live the forum. Go forth and post.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
pointer.gif

Dog_House2691

Seasoned Expediter
Hang on America,Obama and the Pelosi crowd are just getting warmed up! Has anyone seen some of the Stimulus package,400 million for STD prevention...4.19 BILLION for ACORN...these Democrats and Left Wing cronies are taking over this Country and Nobody Cares...Everyone who Voted for B.H.O. keep Slobering over him,because you wont reconize America in a few years!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Hey, that's what all the Obama Bums want, more expensive and more oppressive government. Just wait, when alll that stimulus money and ball out money and who knows what else hits the economy the inflation rate is going to go through the roof. Not to mention when those Obama clones in congress raise the minimum wage to over $10 per hour. Wages will just about freeze, MUCH higher un-employment and double digit inflation. Sound familure? It is the second coming of J.C. economices. That is Jimmy Carter. Layoutshooter.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Hang on America,Obama and the Pelosi crowd are just getting warmed up! Has anyone seen some of the Stimulus package,400 million for STD prevention...4.19 BILLION for ACORN...these Democrats and Left Wing cronies are taking over this Country and Nobody Cares...Everyone who Voted for B.H.O. keep Slobering over him,because you wont reconize America in a few years!

I care. I care.... I guess that makes me nobody.