O.K , I'm back ...from Israel

moose

Veteran Expediter
had a wonderful time visiting Israel ,
only for 2 weeks this time .
first day was Jerusalem day , visiting the Holly places , and giving a long prayer at the closes place one can get to god .
then off to the South , to celebrate my Sister wedding .
over 14 peoples came from the state (one is pregnant...)
and about 650 guests .
what an amazing family i got ! ,
very well done wedding , you know it is a good wedding - when the mother of the groom is fainted flat out in front of everyone...
then after the 5 days celebration ,i was to go up north ,spend a day mountain biking with some friends , before having another 3 days touring the north ,mainly by foot ,with 4 of my older brothers . Just a great time all the way around , and the food is to die for !
along the way , i got a chance to test-seat the 2009 Volvo FH660 , and the new Scania R , it is amazing how better the driver environment on those truck then what we have back here .
also , those trucks came with 3 separate breaking systems ,2 steer axles ,& fully automated transmission ,very interesting .
on my last day , i stopped to visit a friend , he is the operating manager of a large fleet , and he took me to the DAF garage .
at that day , they had a DAF45 ,(a straight truck up to 15 tons), that needed 2 injectors ,and a flush of the Oraia system ,do to a bad fuel stop .the shop manager took the time to answer all of my questions about the Egzost Fluid technology .
very interesting.
over all big trucks in Israel , are shorter , stronger and way heavier , then what we have here .
as to you van drivers , it is a sham that all we have to choose from is a Sprinter or a Sprinter .
over sees , the Sprinter have a very hard time from its European competition .
The ford Transit is the choice of mosts cargo houlers , and the Fiat Ducato , and the Peugeot supper van is very popular for passengers transport .
but by far the most's common van is the Iveco .
in the Pict. below , you can see :
Thermo King Global , service unit using a Sprinter .
the Fiat Ducato ,
2002 Volvo FH 550Hp, up to 80 ton rig .
2008 volvo
the Egzost system on the DaF45.
i have many more pict. , but it takes forever to upload .
most of all cargo transport in Israel , will be consider Expedite , do to the short travel ,and exclusive use of the truck .
it was an overwhelming vacation , and now i'm back in the truck , up in New England , have couples of drops , before heading back to California.
if any of you planing a Vacation in Israel , shoot me an Email , i can help you make the best out of it .
(o.k the heck with it ,it wont upload the pict.'s , ill try later , got to go now...)

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Hey Moose good to have you back. Sounds like one heck of a trip. Hope you can get the pictures posted.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
I'd like to see those pics as well. It sounds like you had a good trip. I'd like to travel to the Holy Land but, I doubt I ever get to.

moose

Veteran Expediter

Attachments

• P1020004.jpg
    P1020004.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 16
  • P1020019.jpg
    P1020019.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 17
  • P1020018.jpg
    P1020018.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 15
  • P1020020.jpg
    P1020020.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

youngsamuel

Seasoned Expediter
I too would like to see natural Israel, but the closest one can get to God is in his heart. If one believes in Jesus Christ that person has become the holy land.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Nice pics, Moose - thanks for sharing something we don't get to see enough of [a different perspective]. :)
Why do you say the trucks have a better driver environment? What have they got that's better?