November and load one!

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Getting ready for severe storms here, or so the weatherman says. We will see but they say its going to get pretty bad.

Reactions: jelliott

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
black bar.jpg It is with a heavy heart that I convey the news of Steve Seth's passing last evening. Steve was a loyal and long time owner operator with our specialized group. Steve appears to have had a cardiac issue last night while under load. He piloted his truck safely to the side of the road putting the safety of everyone first and demonstrates he was a true professional. His son was in a tractor behind him and attempted CPR and to provide assistance, but to no avail. Please keep the Seth family in your thoughts and prayers.

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Paraskevidekatriaphobia. It's a real thing. Triskaidekaphobia is, of course, the fear of the number 13. But Paraskevidekatriaphobia is the fear of the date: Friday the 13th.

Oddly enough, its origins in many different mythologies and histories seem to be surrounded by food. For example, when 13 men shared a meal on the day Jesus Christ was crucified, which happened on a Friday. Or with the Vikings when Loki, the 13th god, showed up uninvited at a Friday banquet of the 12 gods, and Loki killed one of the other gods, which led to events that eventually resulted in Ragnarok (the death of a bunch of gods, a slew of natural disasters, and the eradication of everything on earth save for two human survivors). There’s a lot more to the story than that, and it's all bad.

Ten yeas ago it was estimated that $800 or $900 million is lost in business on Friday the 13th because people will not fly or do business they normally would do. That was ten years ago. That number is most likely in the billions today. I sincerely hope dispatchers and load bookers and shippers don't fall prey to the silliness.

I was born of Friday the 13th, and if my doctor's sense of humor is to be believed, according to my birth certificate I was born at 1:13 PM, which, of course, on a 24 hour clock, is, well, you know. It was probably more like 1 O'clock-ish to 1:30-ish.

There is a large piece of unidentified space junk that is falling to Earth this morning. It's supposed to fall into the ocean off Sri Lanka. But if it does hit you well, then I guess Friday the 13th is a pretty unlucky day for you.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Ken, in their estimation of business lost on Friday the 13th, I believe if they would look at a couple of days before and a couple of days after Friday the 13th, they would see a gain of those millions.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Reactions: RoadTime