November 2014 where ya at's

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think I'm gonna start looking for a "real" job

Considering finding a part time job and headed back to college to finish my degree. That way no more nights sleeping in a van...hopefully lol

Can't beat a education, this business is tough and it will suck your last dime out of your pocket if you let it. After 32 years I'm starting my exit plan for the next career still to young to retire to the good life!

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
Can't beat a education, this business is tough and it will suck your last dime out of your pocket if you let it. After 32 years I'm starting my exit plan for the next career still to young to retire to the good life!

It's not so much the sucking your last dime it's more of I just wanna be home every night. See my friends, go out on the town etc is outweighing my want to see the country. I've now seen every state east of the Mississippi minus 3. Biggest difference is roads in northern and or poor states suck.

GrassHopperr

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Picked up a load 1.2 miles from home. Heading for Flora, IL.

Turned down Laredo load, as I didn't wish to spend my thanksgiving in Laredo. .

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Was home all last weekend. Took a Monday morning load from Waukesha WI to Alexandria MN. Now a load from MN back to Pewaukee WI. That's way too close to home to risk going back out. Guess I'll start my long weekend tonight. Back in service next Monday. This gives me time to get new tires, shocks, alignment and a new heater blower motor. Guess I'll be working even while I'm off!

letsdrive

Seasoned Expediter
Relocated to atl waiting to relocate on Southwest Airlines to vegas for a few days and then down to Phoenix for the weekend to see my brother and parents havnt seen them since march good times will be oos till dec 2nd:cool:

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
I gambled with a Texas run from Ohio today. We shall see if dispatch can pull a rabbit out of the hat from there this week.

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Heading out onto Lake Erie just after dawn. We have one of our "celebrity" hunts today so we are going to have to behave for a change. (just a little bit, can't get TOO far off the norm!:p) Winds should be out of the ENE and light. This is a very abnormal wind for the area and can be dangerous, but if they remain light it can be a really good hunt. We had this wind direction and speed when we did the Gander Mountain TV show and we did VERY well those days.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Well OOS and getting maint stuff done to the van as usual. Oil change and rear end fluid change as well. Tires balance and rotated and also front end alignment. Wishing I was in service, seems like things are still moving a good bit. Hope everyone has a great and safe Thanksgiving!

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
On my wy to kc, then back to vegas then back to kc$ good money and running solo. you all have a good holiday.

1expeditor

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's not so much the sucking your last dime it's more of I just wanna be home every night. See my friends, go out on the town etc is outweighing my want to see the country. I've now seen every state east of the Mississippi minus 3. Biggest difference is roads in northern and or poor states suck.

mr.kickstarter I was in the business 15yrs I left just before labor day and been happy ever since
being home everynight sleeping in my own bed has been great I enjoyed doing loads for Load1
but I came to the conclusion my passion-desire for this business was gone I lost the passion for expediting
plus as soon as I left home I could not wait to get back so I made the change and I am very thankful for my job I have now and
having a normal life :D just one person's opinion......