November 2014 where ya at's

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Having an Early Thanksgiving with my mom, who will be gone on thanksgiving visiting my brother in Kentucky... Rumor has it my youngest son who is leased to Landstar is in town.

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sitting in Nashville. Would like to get out of here. Was at the TA downtown. I decided to leave after talking to the night manager.

This is what the night manager said.
The young female night manager says I'll have no problem parked in front. They have 2 security guards on weekends! Stay away from the motel next door, it's where all the homeless and druggies live. We are downtown and just under the bridge in front of my van is the downtown bars and party scene about 1/2 - 1 mile away. She says a lot of drivers either walk or take a cab down there and come back drunk. But she says its a safe place to park in front, but not so good in the back by the big trucks after they've been drinking downtown. Makes me wonder!

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Bill, back in my beginning days of expediting I tried to layover there, but left shortly after. I wouldn't sleep there if I got paid to do it. If you insist to stay at a truck stop, then go to the TA in Antioch, I24 exit 62 I believe. But I usually stay at Walmart, last week I was at one about 8 miles north of that downtown TA.

Last edited:

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Sitting in Nashville. Would like to get out of here. Was at the TA downtown. I decided to leave after talking to the night manager.

Yeah. Nashburg sucked today. Apparently Jordan got the only load out of there.
We did bid on one to CO for you. But they wouldn't do enough. Assbags!!

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Got to hang out with all 4 of my sons today, the youngest let my play with his Cascadia... What a sweeeeet ride. Very rare we are all in one location at the same time,

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Another day working on the honey do list is over. More tomorrow, i'm sure.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Leaving is a few minutes to pick up a couple of friends from Ducks Unlimited. The three of us are going to relocate out on to Lake Erie for a layout hunt.