Not to offend Big Cats but...

Packmule

Expert Expediter
It's sorry to say, but if the drivers are certified to carry AA&E freight and the truck passes the government 626 inspection then they will be able to haul that load, BUT..... don't think for one minute that the shippers don't take personal note of truck and driver quality. If they see too many repeat negatives from a particular carrier, that carrier may see less and less freight. and their trucks may find themselves being pulled for more and more roadside inspections by gov. inspectors.
Depending on the Base as how much in depth they perform the 626 inspection. Several bases will check a truck with a fine tooth comb before they will sign their name on a satisfied inspection.... and they definitely can pull a truck off a load if not satisfied with the truck or the drivers.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
I can back you up on that Packmule. I had a friend that worked on the docks in logistics. They loaded and unloaded the trucks. He told me any truck hauling a government load is subject to inspection regardless of the sensitivity of the load. He said they would also check the inside of the cabs. For what I don't know. He said alot of the cabs would be down right nasty. He told once they had a load of fresh fuit come in and they noticed red stuff on the boxes that had been stacked on the floor. They asked the driver why there was all this red stuff in his refer, and his reply was it was blood from a load of fresh swinging beef he had hauled and didn't have a chance to get the trailer washed out. Well they turned down the load, and supposedly the carrier was not going to be allowed to haul for the governement again. I figured when they hauled that swining beef the blood would be gone by time it got on the truck, and if it wasn't the next shipper wouldn't load a dirty truck.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Marlon Brando is shown critiquing early Panther Elite uniforms. circa 1968

Attachments

• black panther 2.jpg
    black panther 2.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 17

bernieh48

Veteran Expediter
What Charlee is saying is they aredn't putting any type of logo for ELite on trucks anymore. And the ones that still have it on were supossed to peel it off.

Packmule

Expert Expediter
Maybe this is the NEW LOOK for the Panther ELITE trucks. Who would ever think they were carrying High value, high security freight!!!
Clever, Very Clever!!! I love the bungee cords holding on the placards, Nice touch to the disguise. What will they think of next??

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Maybe this is the NEW LOOK for the Panther ELITE trucks. Who would ever think they were carrying High value, high security freight!!!
Clever, Very Clever!!! I love the bungee cords holding on the placards, Nice touch to the disguise. What will they think of next??

How bout the guy that backed into the dock and had the forklift driver raise the roll-up door with his forks and he stuck a 4x4 to prop open the door....put the load on...and the forklift driver lowers the roll-up door shut...that load is real secure!!:p

juliewray60

Not a Member
How bout the guy that backed into the dock and had the forklift driver raise the roll-up door with his forks and he stuck a 4x4 to prop open the door....put the load on...and the forklift driver lowers the roll-up door shut...that load is real secure!!:p

Been there :(

First truck had roll up doors.
Arrive at delivery only to discover
both steel cables had snapped.
Dragged those cables for 300 miles
and not one driver said anything on CB.

Arrive at delivery,
Raised doors with forks and propped with
piece of angle iron. Lowered doors with forks
and departed for a trailer repair facility.

New truck has barn doors. Lesson learned

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Been there :(

First truck had roll up doors.
Arrive at delivery only to discover
both steel cables had snapped.
Dragged those cables for 300 miles
and not one driver said anything on CB.

Arrive at delivery,
Raised doors with forks and propped with
piece of angle iron. Lowered doors with forks
and departed for a trailer repair facility.

New truck has barn doors. Lesson learned

Me too...thats how I knew....almost lost my head when the cables snapped...that door has to be around 1,000 lbs like a gulliotine!

juliewray60

Not a Member
Me too...thats how I knew....almost lost my head when the cables snapped...that door has to be around 1,000 lbs like a gulliotine!

NO doubt !! A falling door could
kill you instantly.

Then theres all the maintenance
hassles. The track,rollers,door hinges
And decreased door width.

Barn doors are pretty goof proof.
Virtually maintenance free and
easier to load with increased
door width.

Just waiting for my automatic
barn door actuators to come in
so that I can push a button and
theyll both swing out and in without
me having to leave cab. I can
dream? cant i ?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
NO doubt !! A falling door could
kill you instantly.

Then theres all the maintenance
hassles. The track,rollers,door hinges
And decreased door width.

Barn doors are pretty goof proof.
Virtually maintenance free and
easier to load with increased
door width.

Just waiting for my automatic
barn door actuators to come in
so that I can push a button and
theyll both swing out and in without
me having to leave cab. I can
dream? cant i ?

Technically thats possible if someone had the time and MONEY to goof around on that...

Like carefully backing into a narrow dock and forgeting to open the doors first??? *L*

bludragon13

Seasoned Expediter
"Was it really an elite truck? Can't non-elite trucks haul a/e loads? If it was an Elite truck, it would have the added Elite logo on the side, much like White Glove trucks do."
Just finished haz mat elite retraining at seville-flash- panther is asking all trucks with elite logos on them to remove them as soon as possible - concern from the shippers that the fancy logos make the trucks a target- kinda stupid to advertise "I 'm special and carry special freight"--Our truck has panther info on sleeper and panther on back- told them didn't want anything to make truck look special for that very reason- now they are asking at class if you have elite logos get them off. Answer to first post you may have seen one of the fleet owner trucks being recruited , most are good but some are a wonder to pass dot(seen some of these with fedex also) of course india if it was loaded with a&e then it passed the same ridgid safety inspection that you did to get loaded, so maybe you're just being snipy because panther has increased its share so rapidly in the govt market, I haven't seen a Landstar truck at a pu in 6-8 months? Have you?

bludragon13

Seasoned Expediter
not being allowed to discuse elite services i can say panther will not give out much of any clothing that has a panther logo o it. and only give out hats the first part of the year if you manage to be in seville. something about a law suit they lost and you being an employ if your wearing a "uniform"

note to self try getting back pay from the cubies and bears

Not allowed to discuss loads nothing about svcs - are you an elitest

bludragon13

Seasoned Expediter
Was it really an elite truck? Can't non-elite trucks haul a/e loads? If it was an Elite truck, it would have the added Elite logo on the side, much like White Glove trucks do.

NO AA&E with out being elite , other loads similar to fedx wg loads,all panther is qualified to take,and do take when offered --you must cleared for any AA&E loads by the U.S.govt prior to being offered the loads.