Not really new - but reborn and back

logisticscom

Not a Member
Stopping in to 're' introduce myself. My name is Greg and after spending years on the road, along with five enjoyable years at Load-1 learning a great deal about the business from the best in the business, I switched over to the freight brokerage side of the industry.
I have the pleasure of working with one of the top 25 freight brokerage firms in the business - Sureway Transportation. They have over 60-years of experience and is a great guidance tool and company to work with though my agency - LogisticsCom.
I have owned my agency for just over 1-year and enjoy the work extremely and feel my background of being a former driver is of great assistance.
Enough about me - safe travels EO folks!!!!

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Stopping in to 're' introduce myself. My name is Greg and after spending years on the road, along with five enjoyable years at Load-1 learning a great deal about the business from the best in the business, I switched over to the freight brokerage side of the industry.
I have the pleasure of working with one of the top 25 freight brokerage firms in the business - Sureway Transportation. They have over 60-years of experience and is a great guidance tool and company to work with though my agency - LogisticsCom.
I have owned my agency for just over 1-year and enjoy the work extremely and feel my background of being a former driver is of great assistance.
Enough about me - safe travels EO folks!!!!

Greg: What was your former tag on this site? And what are your normal expedite rates for semi, straight, and cargo vans?

Last edited:

logisticscom

Not a Member
Gentleman, the past is the past, and a lot has been learned over the years. The time at Load-1 gave me time to become educated by some of the best in the business and learn some of the critical aspects of this industry. After growing my agency to over $1-million in sales in the first year I am still learning and will continue to learn.
As far as our rates go, keep in mind we are brokers, so the rates depend on the lane, the equipment, and the urgency of the move. In most cases, we are not the lowest price agency. I don't sell price but sell the point all our carriers have to be approved with a CSA that is not in the federal governments threshold range, have no service failures on any previous loads with us, and another selling point is that all our brokered loads are electronically tracked to assure on time delivery. On tractor loads we generally run from as low as $2.50 per mile to around $3.00 per mile. Our fee (12%) runs off that price range.
As far as loads available we haul mostly expedited flat, dry and reefer loads.