North Dakota Job Boom

bobwg

Expert Expediter
NBC news reports the town of Williston North Dakota has jobs and not enough people to fill the jobs. The town is booming thanks to oil, NBC says they will have more on the story tonight on some new news show if anyone is interested

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
NBC news reports the town of Williston North Dakota has jobs and not enough people to fill the jobs. The town is booming thanks to oil, NBC says they will have more on the story tonight on some new news show if anyone is interested

They're also having a housing shortage..

paullud

Veteran Expediter
It isn't only the oil field jobs they can't fill, they need cops, waitresses, mechanics, etc. If unemployed these boom towns are located across the country ND, TX,CO, and PA are just a few.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

You think these pansy easterners will move out there?...

They'd rather sit and moan and groan about how bad America is treating them, blaming it all on greed....

Ever seen the winters out here?:eek:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
It isn't only the oil field jobs they can't fill, they need cops, waitresses, mechanics, etc. If unemployed these boom towns are located across the country ND, TX,CO, and PA are just a few.

And TRUCK drivers....any around here?....didn't think so...;)

paullud

Veteran Expediter

Schneider sent me an email a few weeks ago offering a relocation bonus for experienced drivers or to reimburse rookies for school to get drivers to move to any of these areas.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Think they should move their house with them?

movinghouse.jpg

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
The "unemployed" move to get a job!?!? And Leave families!?!? You unthinking, unfeeling bunch of....:mad::eek::rolleyes:

Last edited:

idtrans

Expert Expediter
Williston is where the whimps go ! I run Lignite and Minot allot, North east MT Talk about cold BRRR LOL. THE Money is way better and the bad part No truck stops, no vacant hotels and the best everything is closed sunday.

Trust me my drivers in Watford city earn their $ !!! They are living out of the tractors me I am the whimp I run around and then zip away to where humans are at .

Today I ran from Lignite, nd to Shelby, mt fun drive on hwy 5, 16, 2 super nice 2 lane with no truck stops. Tommorow I drive to Billings and get the rest of the cargo and then straight to del rio, tx are oil fields. and then houston back to lignite. See it's all fun. BTW hope you like slinging iron because even in the mud you gotta chain up the roads you deliver on are muddy and rock coated.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Williston is where the whimps go ! I run Lignite and Minot allot, North east MT Talk about cold BRRR LOL. THE Money is way better and the bad part No truck stops, no vacant hotels and the best everything is closed sunday.

Trust me my drivers in Watford city earn their $ !!! They are living out of the tractors me I am the whimp I run around and then zip away to where humans are at .

Today I ran from Lignite, nd to Shelby, mt fun drive on hwy 5, 16, 2 super nice 2 lane with no truck stops. Tommorow I drive to Billings and get the rest of the cargo and then straight to del rio, tx are oil fields. and then houston back to lignite. See it's all fun. BTW hope you like slinging iron because even in the mud you gotta chain up the roads you deliver on are muddy and rock coated.

LOL good one...safe driving out there...:D

AMonger

Veteran Expediter

We have to chain up the roads? How does one do that?

Last time I went to Minot, the HELP WANTED signs were all over. Went to get a room and there were none to be had. It's a permanent situation up there.

You know the problem with corrupt and abusive cops? They give the other 5% a bad name.

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Watching the show last night they said they need 500 truck drivers pay is $80,000 a year, Taco Johns is hiring paying $15.00 an hour. THey estimate total jobs available is 18,000. THere is a housing shortage they showed people living in cars, trucks, RVs,etc

Last edited:

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
A buddy of mine went up there to drive and they put drivers up in bunk houses if you dont have a place to live when you get there.

idtrans

Expert Expediter
trust me its crazy weird in nd and mt lots of money and just madness. crap houses are selling for 100k motel. rooms 2000 per month its insanity.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
My cousin said she just applied for her dream job there and one of her friends just started hers there. not sure what it is though