No Love at Loves Travel

guido4475

Not a Member
I watched some guy park a bobtail in a truck spot in AZ a few years back when I was in a semi truck OTR. The entire night he got the door of his truck beat on. People would just walk by and hit it a few times and walk on.

I would never park back there being in a van. I would go find some place else to park if asked to. I have too much respect for truckers....as well as a short fuse when it comes to being f***** with.

Eventually he will learn the hard way, being taught a lesson.

Reactions: ntimevan

robin280

Seasoned Expediter
I got kicked out of Love's on the south side of Memphis at 3AM once. They were enforcing the 1 hour rule even though I had been there the entire afternoon and evening, spending money in their store. The only thing I do at Love's now is use the bathroom. If they want to give me :censoredsign:, I will give it right back to them.

Sent from my SM-G960U using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: guido4475

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I feel as long as you go in and buy something, you should be able to park there. Before I park for the night I usually just run in and grab something. It's my own personal feeling that if I'm going to take up a space I will spend a little money.
Sorry, just because you buy something at a loves or anywhere else. It gives you no rights to park overnight.
Just alike any other company, they can tell you to leave. Also if you look all around loves it say customers only and 2 hours max.

Reactions: Charity's Van

robin280

Seasoned Expediter
If they call themselves a truck stop and provide overnight parking to truckers, then we should be able to park overnight. We might not drive semi's, but we are still doing the same job they are. We live the same lifestyle and have the same needs they do. We may have it easier to park, but we still deserve the same respect they get at a TRUCK STOP.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I feel as long as you go in and buy something, you should be able to park there. Before I park for the night I usually just run in and grab something. It's my own personal feeling that if I'm going to take up a space I will spend a little money.
Sorry, just because you buy something at a loves or anywhere else. It gives you no rights to park overnight.
Just alike any other company, they can tell you to leave. Also if you look all around loves it say customers only and 2 hours max.
Hey that's true. And due to hearing that before, I've never filled up there myself. Never will. Spend your money where at least they want it

Reactions: SoG

str8trk

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Frankly, I wish Love's had a larger foot-print. I've never had a problem at any of their locations. I find their facilities generally cleaner, fuel a bit cheaper, and appreciate their more driver friendly rewards / shower program. Unlike T/A, Petro, Pilot, FJ, you don't see reserved parking signage and corresponding fees at Love's.

SoG

Active Expediter
Driver
Frankly, I wish Love's had a larger foot-print. I've never had a problem at any of their locations. I find their facilities generally cleaner, fuel a bit cheaper, and appreciate their more driver friendly rewards / shower program. Unlike T/A, Petro, Pilot, FJ, you don't see reserved parking signage and corresponding fees at Love's.
Since Flying J/Pilot acknowledge expediters and gas fill ups give shower credits, they are #1 in my book!

What a glorious Day!

Reactions: robin280

guido4475

Not a Member
I got kicked out of Love's on the south side of Memphis at 3AM once. They were enforcing the 1 hour rule even though I had been there the entire afternoon and evening, spending money in their store. The only thing I do at Love's now is use the bathroom. If they want to give me :censoredsign:, I will give it right back to them.

Exactly the way that I look at it.

Reactions: SoG

chief2177

New Recruit
Driver
Remember, you are on someone's private property and they DO have the right to ask you to leave if you are there longer than you are supposed to be. They DO NOT care what you do for a living and are simply there to rest while you are enroute to a delivery or wait for your next load. They can tell you to leave. Refusal to do so can be a problem for you. Either they will call a tow truck to come take the vehicle (with you in it) away or the police as you will be considered a trespass. Sorry to bust one's bubble here, but it's reality. Can't always get what you want. Part of being out here in expedite is proper trip planning, which involves calling around to the various places to see where you are not allowed to park. Some will let you stay for however long you need to (just as long as you are not parking directly in front of the store) while some may only allow no more than 1-2 hrs while some don't allow it at all. Unlike the truckers out here, we are not on clocks so we are not up against one and stress about finding a place to stop for the night before our time runs out.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
If your driving a van you should be doing everything in your power to save money.
1. Buy a Sam's club membership and a Costco membership to get cheaper fuel.
2 buy a planet fitness black card membership to get a shower at any planet fitness center.
Do not get the non black card at planet fitness as that will not let you go to any other planet fitness center.

Reactions: Turtle