No Love at Loves Travel

Bbear

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
New to Expedite

Finding a resting places that is safe for a Cargo Van has been usually easy. Walmart’s are usually my preference if no Truck Stops are close and only need food, sink and potty.

Recently, I was told I could not park at a Love’s in Ohio. Security guard was on duty to make sure no one broke parking rules for big trucks in no parking areas or vans in car parking area.
I thought this was very odd but moved across street to MacDonalds.

I quit driving 18’s and moved to Expedite to have more control of my life and loved the ability to park just about anywhere. One night I was asked nicely by two different police forces to move my big rig..
Not a good way to get rest.

Is my no “Love” experience an an abdominally? Or a local manager policy?

PS: Flying J and Pilots have provided free showers any times. Never that much Love at any Love’s.

Suggestions for bad or good parking places for Vans would be appreciated.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Look through previous posts.
We've been talking about this during the past year.

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
New to Expedite

Finding a resting places that is safe for a Cargo Van has been usually easy. Walmart’s are usually my preference if no Truck Stops are close and only need food, sink and potty.

Recently, I was told I could not park at a Love’s in Ohio. Security guard was on duty to make sure no one broke parking rules for big trucks in no parking areas or vans in car parking area.
I thought this was very odd but moved across street to MacDonalds.

I quit driving 18’s and moved to Expedite to have more control of my life and loved the ability to park just about anywhere. One night I was asked nicely by two different police forces to move my big rig..
Not a good way to get rest.

Is my no “Love” experience an an abdominally? Or a local manager policy?

PS: Flying J and Pilots have provided free showers any times. Never that much Love at any Love’s.

Suggestions for bad or good parking places for Vans would be appreciated.
What location in Ohio?

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Call head office, explain what you do.

Heard it worked for a few at Pilots. Sometimes management gets strange ideas in their heads

Road Pirate

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
I feel as long as you go in and buy something, you should be able to park there. Before I park for the night I usually just run in and grab something. It's my own personal feeling that if I'm going to take up a space I will spend a little money.

dalscott

Expert Expediter
I feel as long as you go in and buy something, you should be able to park there. Before I park for the night I usually just run in and grab something. It's my own personal feeling that if I'm going to take up a space I will spend a little money.

Same here.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

TFTN-one3B

Not a Member
Owner/Operator
US Marines
If I pull into a truckstop lot and "no expedite" or "1 hour parking" signs are present.....I'll go elsewhere. If I'm not good enough to park in your lot for 12 hours.....my money isn't good enough to spend.

That being said Flying/pilot are the only major truckstops that recognize van drivers as Professional Driver's. I've had little issue parking in their lots. Usually if I'm unsure because if signs, I just inquire inside. Usually they don't care.

I'd love to patron Loves more.....but until they fix some of thier policies.....I'll drive further to a pilot or FJ.

guido4475

Not a Member
T/A's seem to be enforcing no van expeditor parking up front. I was st the Rodgers, Mn location and they asked van drivers to park in the big truck parking lot by the scales....no thank you.

My freind was at the Dallas T/A across from the J and they asked him to move as well.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My suggestion would be state rest areas - not only have I never been bothered, chatting with the staff will usually get the next shift informed to not bother you too

In Canada theres some tiny city truck stops, you're stuck with the bobtails or areas between the spaces where the big trucks are...just try and plan to not get blocked

TFTN-one3B

Not a Member
Owner/Operator
US Marines
T/A's seem to be enforcing no van expeditor parking up front. I was st the Rodgers, Mn location and they asked van drivers to park in the big truck parking lot by the scales....no thank you.

My freind was at the Dallas T/A across from the J and they asked him to move as well.
Do you want to get pissed off truck drivers banging on your van all night? Because that's how you get pissed off truck drivers banging on your van all night.

guido4475

Not a Member

Do you want to get pissed off truck drivers banging on your van all night? Because that's how you get pissed off truck drivers banging on your van all night.

No sh*t. I will never park back there out of respect for those who are controlled by the HOS rules and regulations. Plus, it reeks of pis*, stinks, and is noisy. And I don't want to get backed into by a bobtail. And yes, it has happened. Ask OVM....lol

SoG

Active Expediter
Driver
No sh*t. I will never park back there out of respect for those who are controlled by the HOS rules and regulations. Plus, it reeks of pis*, stinks, and is noisy. And I don't want to get backed into by a bobtail. And yes, it has happened. Ask OVM....lol
I park in the back with the big boys, most of the truck stops dont want small straights in the front. I like it there, safe and sound! Someone backing into you? That's like someone crashing into you while driving, possible but not likely!

What a glorious Day!

Reactions: dalscott

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I park in the back with the big boys, most of the truck stops dont want small straights in the front. I like it there, safe and sound! Someone backing into you? That's like someone crashing into you while driving, possible but not likely!

What a glorious Day!
I’ve seen it happen. Guy backs into tractor and then takes off. Happens every day.

SoG

Active Expediter
Driver
I’ve seen it happen. Guy backs into tractor and then takes off. Happens every day.
I have backed into a parked car before, left a note and took care of that once the owner called. People running away because they are afraid that their insurance will go up. I say if you messed up, cover it out of pocket so you keep your integrity and insurance unmoved!

What a glorious Day!

Reactions: brokcanadian

guido4475

Not a Member

What a glorious Day!

So you drive a cube. Right? 14, 15 foot box? So you'd take up a space designed for a semi to supposedly be "safe and sound"??? How many weeks you been driving?

Reactions: ntimevan

SoG

Active Expediter
Driver
So you drive a cube. Right? 14, 15 foot box? So you'd take up a space designed for a semi to supposedly be "safe and sound"??? How many weeks you been driving?
6 month. It's been absolutely fine, truck drivers are a good bunch if you know how to talk. I even remember I had to fix something underneath the car and didn't have the right ranch, asked around the guys hooked me up. Also I remember talking to an 18 wheeler driver and saying that I also drive everywhere but not one of those big trucks like he does, and that guy goes "if you live on the road, you are one of us". That moment I realized that size dont matter, its what's on the inside. Zing zing I am all good with size too

What a glorious Day!

TFTN-one3B

Not a Member
Owner/Operator
US Marines
I watched some guy park a bobtail in a truck spot in AZ a few years back when I was in a semi truck OTR. The entire night he got the door of his truck beat on. People would just walk by and hit it a few times and walk on.

I would never park back there being in a van. I would go find some place else to park if asked to. I have too much respect for truckers....as well as a short fuse when it comes to being f***** with.

Reactions: guido4475