No Fuel at Many Truck Stops

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
FYI, we are getting several reports here at EO that there are several fuel/truck stops have run out of diesel.

What are you encountering on the road?

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

Sacred cows make the best burgers

"So tell me, are those cookies made with real Girl Scouts?"

Sometimes the squeaky wheel doesn't get the grease, it just gets replaced

You can't tell a book by its movie

-----------------------------------------
Thanks For Visiting EO!
[p]
http://www.expeditersonline.com/hotnews/sterling_eo_forum.jpg

Please Help Us Get The Word
Out About Expediters Online.com!

-----------------------------------------

Renagade1

Expert Expediter
I talked to a guy in elkhart,In today who said diesel was $3.39 a gallon he also said unleaded fuel was up to $3.50

Dave

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
These outrageous increases must have been made this morning. Looking at dieselboss.com for prices shows fuel below $3 except for a few California locations and Canada. We must get all our refineries back online and we must open all reserves to drilling. We also need to develop nuclear generation capacity equal to the heating demands of the entire nation so all the oil used in heating can be diverted to other uses.

Leo Bricker
OOIDA 677319
truck 4958
73's K5LDB
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

Renagade1

Expert Expediter
I tried to confirm these prices looked at flying j's site but don't see that kind of increases Here in missouri diesel is 2.69 a gallon was 2.49 yesterday. and 2.39 last weekend.

Dave

The Gibster

Expert Expediter
The other issue of course is those stations with fuel with no power to pump it. We came out of Baton Rouge LA, and turned north on I-55 from I-12 there was no electricity at any truck stop for fuel, food or services until Jackson MS.

The truck stops that were serving sandwiches, were already out of food. and of course the predictions are two weeks to a month for total power restorations.

The Gibster

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Gibster,

I think we saw you going out as we went in.

Lawrence,

We bought fuel this morning in West Memphis, AK and Jackson, MS. Topped off both places because we knew power failures would have truck stops in Louisiana shut down. No lines for diesel. Saw several lines of cars waiting for gas as we got closer to New Orleans. The lines seemed to diminish as the day progressed. Perhaps power coming back on in some places helped people relax. Noticed numerous pickup trucks toting multiple gas cans in back.

Renagade1

Expert Expediter
Just seen on the news its up to $3.00 a gal for unleaded in missouri they said they have the Attourney General looking into "possible price gouging". Do you think, LOL
I even seen where oil come down a little no doubt in my mind its gouging.

Dave

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
here in hampton roads area diesel fuel a low of 2.569 to a high of 2.949 and belong to a fuel service fill up at 2.56 even and ask them what the out look was unknown what the future will be

filled the car up at 2.799 that was lowest in area
and fill up a couple of jerry cans for later as they may limit what will be able to purchase here in the area

mvbn1

Expert Expediter
I was coming south out of Toledo this afternoon, and heard several drivers on the CB, that where told by their companies, to top off their tanks in Tenn, prior to going any farther south. They where told that there are several truck stops/fuel stops in the south that are out of fuel.

SillySafetyGirl

Expert Expediter
Lawrence,

I noticed recently that a few of our fuel stations have closed down. Unleaded prices here in Toledo are 3.10+ per gallon, and diesel was 2.75+ per gallon...but that was on my way into work this morning...

I'm hearing that in the Carolinas and Georgia areas that fuel prices are nearing $6.00 per gallon.

Silly

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Seen on the News this Morning A BP in Atlanta Unleaded was $5.99 a Gal.And it a a long line of People waiting.

Owner/Operator since 1979
Expediter since 1997
B Unit
Somedays are Diamonds and Somedays are Stones

dukesadog

Expert Expediter
That was probably the same station that had the middle eastern owner that said the credit card dealy was broken cash only!.....

We have one of those stores here at the beach...the owner is from Pakistan...and he goes ballistic if you track sand into his store?
Sand? this is the beach....?? maybe its the cost of sand removal that has risen his prices to 4.00 a gallon?

I'm taking a couple weeks off....got my bike tires all aired up...thinking of getting a rickshaw....hey!...theres a great idea

Rickshaw expediting is now hiring drivers...I mean pedal pushers..across town in 10 hours or less....just think of the forums then....

Where do I mount my qualcomm on my rickshaw?....wheres the best place to get 27x2.75 tires? etc

Ha

Dukesadog

trhoades

Expert Expediter
>Where do I mount my qualcomm on my rickshaw?....wheres the
>best place to get 27x2.75 tires? etc
>
>Ha
>
>Dukesadog

Just Staple your Qualcomm to your Chinaman. Sorry I couldn't resist.

The Gibster

Expert Expediter
Hey Terry,

Got any spec's on gross maximum payload of a full sized carrier pidgeon? (Yeah, that's it - carrier pidgeons, what an idea!);)

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Don't you DARE use minorities to pull your rickshaw!!!! Plus you hafta give them health insurance in case they stub their toe and get "rickshaw elbow" ;)

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Came through Charlotte and Atlanta yesterday. Bought fuel in SC for $2.77 for diesel at a Wilco, no lines anywhere. Saw no problems in GA other then prices.

FlameMerc

Expert Expediter
Well I just got home from vacation in Memphis. You can always look at it this way. Regular Gas is back to being higher than Diesel. LOL :) In IL. I saw gas for 3.45 and Deisel for 2.75. Got back to MI. and saw Diesel at 2.89. IN. was not any better. Best price on Gas was in Ole Miss. at 2.87. Oh well, it's got to get better...:) :) :)
Drive Safely...Butch