No Complaining

Coco

Seasoned Expediter
Check out this website, Welcome to www.complaintfreeworld.org

This ministers' point is if you deprive you brain from complaining, your mouth will no longer complain. He has a good point. We as truckers complain alot (with good reason) but, to no avail. Complaining leads to action.

His program includes a purple bracelet, (which of course you can buy) that you place on either wrist. Everytime you complain you change the bracelet on the other wrist, etc, etc. If you can leave the bracelet on one wrist for 21 days you have deprived your brain from complaining and you will be happier.:)

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Coco, this is a hub site. I could not find any info about what you are talking about.

Maybe if people want to stop complaining, go study what Buddhism is all about. I don't see them complaining much. :p

But with that said, it is human nature to complain. We lack real action in the profession and if many who complain just do some things and get involve, the profession would be better.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
Its our nature to complain,and let someone else do the fixing.Those of us positive people rarely complain,and get tired listening to the complaints

Paul56

Seasoned Expediter
Check out this website, Welcome to www.complaintfreeworld.org

This ministers' point is if you deprive you brain from complaining, your mouth will no longer complain. He has a good point. We as truckers complain alot (with good reason) but, to no avail. Complaining leads to action.

His program includes a purple bracelet, (which of course you can buy) that you place on either wrist. Everytime you complain you change the bracelet on the other wrist, etc, etc. If you can leave the bracelet on one wrist for 21 days you have deprived your brain from complaining and you will be happier.:)

I remember seeing a spot about this on the TV a while back. Apparently it started as a small in-parish idea and mushroomed to the point they needed to order more bracelets.

A slightly different technique is to carry a counter and each time one finds themselves engaged in a certain behavior to click the counter over then review the total count at the end of each day.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I wonder where we'd be today, if this idea had been popular when our founding fathers were complaining about taxation without representation...:eek:
If I got Greg's meaning, complaining should be accompanied by some activity or proposal to correct the perceived unfairness, and I can agree with that, because that's how positive change happens.
If you can propose a reasonable solution, complaining is good - if not, it's just whining. (And you don't want to get on Nightcreature's nerves, right?:p)

greg334

Veteran Expediter
If I got Greg's meaning, complaining should be accompanied by some activity or proposal to correct the perceived unfairness, and I can agree with that, because that's how positive change happens.

I don't know Cheri, it sounds too complicated to me.

discourse--> complaining-->group thought-->action.

Ah, maybe it isn't that complicated, maybe it really means that yes it should lead to changes.

It seems to me, just after reading in another thread again about a stupid strike, that maybe this industry needs more complaining that leads to action, not stupid complaining or stupid action but real thought out action.

The one thing that many miss is that complaining also leads to stress because a lot of people miss the bigger picture and don't know how to take action to lead to less stress. Many believe it is all about the money, well it is not... never was.... money is just a vehicle so to speak....to something else.. I think people can take it from there.... if not take my suggestion, read about the people who complain the least and how they do it.

About the bracelet, I have somewhere in some storage place about 5000 silicone bracelets, maybe I should get them stamped with "life is too short to complain, do something about it" and sell it for $3.95. you want to buy one?

Last edited:

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
About the bracelet, I have somewhere in some storage place about 5000 silicone bracelets, maybe I should get them stamped with "life is too short to complain, do something about it" and sell it for $3.95. you want to buy one?

Maybe Lawrence would deal with you on those bracelets, he could have a contest for what the stamping should be......"EO Rocks" or some such thing.:D

Critter Truckin

Expert Expediter
I think we all forgot something. Complaining is what makes our trucks run. I don't mean by us complaining, but by shippers, and consignees, and by the people that buy the stuff that we need to haul to get it there. Granted, we as humans complain, but it's what we do after complaining that makes things happen. And another way to look at it would be this...

In a legal action, the plaintiff is often called the complainant.
On a medical chart, the doctor or nurse will write, "patient complains of..."
The person wronged in many cases is called a complaining witness to the police.
And when something needs to be fixed, some mechanics will write that the owner is complaining of...

Complaining not only gets the job done, sometimes it is needed.

Reactions: 1 person