No April Fooling with Load 1

guido4475

Not a Member
Did a load to Chicago.
Now in Hebron, IN.
I won't stay in Chicago or Gary.

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

Too many times I'd deadhead out of Chicago only to turn around and go back in to get a load. So, I fuel up, shower up, before going in and unloading. I find a spot to hang out since it usually doesn't take too long to get out of there. There is a newer Pilot in Chicago now too.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I did one to Elk Grove Village, which is kinda like Chicago. Then stayed at the new Pilot a mile away in Bentsonville. It's not real big, more parking for cars and vans than for trucks. But it's PJ Fresh!

Got one from Chicago down to half an hour south of Augusta, GA for Monday delivery. Doesn't seem like much going on in Augusta this weekend. Maybe I'll watch some golf on TV or something.

Last edited:

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What a beautiful morning here in Indiana. Sunny and not a cloud in the sky. A nice crisp 29 degrees on April 15th. (Global warming?)

My solar panels love days like today, quick recharging of the battery bank, and pretty much unlimited power.
Global warming must explain the hail and snow from yesterday, that, or just being in Michigan :p

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Last night I decided to eat at a Logan's Roadhouse for the first time. I had the baby back ribs, fries and coleslaw. The ribs were tough, fries cold and coleslaw tasteless. Needless to say I won't be eating there again.This was near Lake Orion, MI.

Reactions: RoadTime

guido4475

Not a Member
Last night I decided to eat at a Logan's Roadhouse for the first time. I had the baby back ribs, fries and coleslaw. The ribs were tough, fries cold and coleslaw tasteless. Needless to say I won't be eating there again.This was near Lake Orion, MI.

Dollarsign got me addicted to Texas Roadhouse, and now, I must do the same for you. The "Fall off the bone" ribs are just that. Excellent. I get the full slab, cut it in half, than baggie the second half and put in the fridge. That alone is a meal within itself.

I haven't been to one in quite awhile, as I am forced to make lifestyle cutbacks until the rates improve, along with freight availability.

Something has got to give here.

Reactions: jelliott and Ragman

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I like the ribs at Sonny's, Ruby Tuesday and Texas Roadhouse.
Steaks from Texas Roadhouse and Prime rib at Longhorn. Seafood at Red Lobster.
I try to take my wife out for a nice dinner whenever I go home.
I usually eat at Wendy's, Taco Bell, Denny's and Long John Silvers.

guido4475

Not a Member
Did you get it?

Yes, I did. Thank you. I had a phone update that needed wi-fi. The brighter lighting in the shower room is greatly appreciated, as well as the massage chairs. They are great for stretching my spine, which is becoming compressed according to my doctor as a result of all the driving I have done throughout my life. 2 hours in that chair and I feel almost as good as when I leave a massage spa.....

But,.....back in the day Load One used to have the best smelling restrooms. The automatic air fresheners were great. Why no longer?

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Outstanding week! Get this, of the 2 short loads I got this week, the 2nd one brought me home :happyhappy:
Wow, can you believe that! I even did almost 300 miles this week and didn't even have to visit another state :clapping-hands-above-head:
I'm literally fanning myself with excitement :happydance:
I can't wait for next week :smiley_driving:

crazy-people-don-8217-t-know-they-are-crazy.jpg

Reactions: ntimevan