Mcats Express

Expert Expediter
Driver
can you expedite using a pickup truck? please let me know. i would like to do this part time, and on weekends. thanks Mitch

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
Sure you can; HOWEVER, You'll find that some national carriers don't use uncovered pickups and others won't be happy with a part time arrangement. Since most of our work involves overnight drives, you'll get pretty stressed if you have a day job to get to. Most of our deliveries are scheduled for six or seven in the am.

For partime and weekend work you might be better served by checking your yellow pages for Couriers. It's expediting on a local level where you might have several local stops and be home every night.

Terry

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
You could also try the Air Freight Companies at your local airport. They might be able to use you on a Saturday to do local deleiveries. I don't mean the big guys but look for the smaller oufits.Putting a cap on your pickup would be helpful.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I agree with the above. Air freight or courier service would seem like your best bet. Especially if part-time is desired