Newbie to Everything

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
And a danger to all others on the road.
I have reread this topic a couple times ... something smells .. the timeline ...the trip ... and returned from load .. all in around 7 days .... i am guessing the little short guy from under the Bridge showed up again .....

Reactions: fastman_1

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I have reread this topic a couple times ... something smells .. the timeline ...the trip ... and returned from load .. all in around 7 days .... i am guessing the little short guy from under the Bridge showed up again .....
Could very well be.

Masood

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Short guy from under the bridge
Guess I shouldn't have posted anything my trip!
It's very possible and some people can actually function on very little sleep for short periods of time.
Also I-80 is 900+ miles of straight road so cruise on.
But to be honest I would never do this again as I was very very tired on the way back and pretty much came back empty so lesson learned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Short guy from under the bridge
Guess I shouldn't have posted anything my trip!
It's very possible and some people can actually function on very little sleep for short periods of time.
Also I-80 is 900+ miles of straight road so cruise on.
But to be honest I would never do this again as I was very very tired on the way back and pretty much came back empty so lesson learned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hmmm where do I start here... First I would have never taken a load to Utah, not exactly a hot bed of freight coming back out, second did you ask dispatch where's a better area to relocate to? The turn and burn only works on 300 mile or less loads, if your deadheading 2300 miles back you won't be here long, also if you don't want to hear what the seasoned expediters have to say about driving 37 hours don't post it. We will call you out every time. This industry isn't what it used to be, but it's ours and don't need a newby mucking it up!

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hmmm where do I start here... First I would have never taken a load to Utah, not exactly a hot bed of freight coming back out, second did you ask dispatch where's a better area to relocate to? The turn and burn only works on 300 mile or less loads, if your deadheading 2300 miles back you won't be here long, also if you don't want to hear what the seasoned expediters have to say about driving 37 hours don't post it. We will call you out every time. This industry isn't what it used to be, but it's ours and don't need a newby mucking it up!
One more question for you Young(25)man ..? Can you tell us WHY YOU did the load ...?

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Probably the lure of the money !
That and I'm sure the carrier didn't give a :censoredsign: about his return drive and got him no loads
The turn and burn gets old fast

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Not a single sleep deprivation study shows that you can function effectively and safely when driving on not enough. Just because you didn't have a wreck and kill yourself or someone else doesn't mean you were functioning safely. When you're sleep deprived, or drunk, you believe you are fine and are on top of it, but you're not.

Can you tell us WHY YOU did the load ...?
Dollar Sign Woody
Ignorance
Stupidity

i am guessing the little short guy from under the Bridge showed up again .....
I would like to think so, but we've all seen too many people enter this profession ill prepared and with zero professionalism.

Reactions: Treadmill

Masood

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Probably the lure of the money !
That and I'm sure the carrier didn't give a :censoredsign: about his return drive and got him no loads
The turn and burn gets old fast

This was my first load with the company I'm with; I was sick of sitting at home(2 weeks) and next week is my payments for the van & insurance so I had no other choice; dispatch said they'll find me something back for sure but well, lesson learned. I will not be taking any dispatch promises for sure in the future.
"Sometimes a man has got to do what a man does."

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

ajakapari

Expert Expediter
This was my first load with the company I'm with; I was sick of sitting at home(2 weeks) and next week is my payments for the van & insurance so I had no other choice; dispatch said they'll find me something back for sure but well, lesson learned. I will not be taking any dispatch promises for sure in the future.
"Sometimes a man has got to do what a man does."
Was the money worth it? Did u get 1.00-1.20 or more per mile? Just curious

ajakapari

Expert Expediter
Ha ha ha
U really stick a knife in it.
Believe me when I say they got the newbie real good.

Good experience.
Haha ok you don't have to tell me , was just wondering... Tho

Doesn't matter if u are new man don't let them push u around , cuz they will make it a habit...

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ha ha ha
U really stick a knife in it.
Believe me when I say they got the newbie real good.

Good experience.
Don't feel bad, just chalk it up to experience. If you have any questions, we are here to help you succeed not fail. That's why we are sorta hard on you newbies because we have done it ourselves at one time or another. We just hate seeing somebody make a big mistake at the expense of a dispatcher.

Masood

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Don't feel bad, just chalk it up to experience. If you have any questions, we are here to help you succeed not fail. That's why we are sorta hard on you newbies because we have done it ourselves at one time or another. We just hate seeing somebody make a big mistake at the expense of a dispatcher.

I appreciate it.
I'm not disappointed tho because experience isn't cheap and lasts forever.
Thanks for the positive vibes.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
At least you saw that beautiful part of the country.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
between about 4 of us on this thread we have about 75 yrs total experience....yes we can be hard on newbees at times, but as Treadmill said...we hate to see someone fail because of inexperience and greedy dispatchers taking advantage of rookies.....Good Luck....Ken AKA OVM

Reactions: uriykir

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
This was my first load with the company I'm with; I was sick of sitting at home(2 weeks) and next week is my payments for the van & insurance so I had no other choice;
This why it is recommended to enter this business with a healthy cash reserve. You made it out there and back. I don't know if the load paid enough after expenses to cover your van note and insurance. Even if it did, where would you be today if you had a major mechanical failure in Valmy, UT?

Expedite, like many other businesses, loves to prey on financially weak, desperate people. Be ware!