New windshield costs. How much was yours?

tknight

Veteran Expediter
M2 frightliner 325.00 installed
I question it's quality as the wipers don't follow the glass correctly anymore and leave major streaks of rain and snow .
Second set of new in a month, that or the wipers quality sucks now.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Class 8 Volvo Heated windshield.
I expected that I'd have to wait a week and have one shipped.
Called Safelite. They had one. Hot load, cancelled appt.
Called another Safelite. They had one.
Load couldn't ship because shipper ran out of TempTales.
Cancelled second appt.
Talked to two more Safelites and they all claimed to have one.
Second day out I was at Safelite when they opened. Happily motoring down the road an hour after they opened.
If you book for the next day, whatever they need they pick up overnite and and have it there before they open.
Great business model.
Fast and cheap. Literally the whole distribution center "in stock."
This started in The Carolinas and ended in PA.
Not sure how efficient they would be in Bison, SD.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Had to replace the window in my 05 Hino 268. was 225 installed, was actually surprised, would have thought it would have been more than that. My 05 Sprinter is going to need one soon....

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
04 Express, tinted windshield from Safelite, $10.65 installed. Panther's windshield replacement program covered the first $250. Thank you Panther!

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Insurance Company picks up the tab for 1 every 12 months so that comes out to $0.00 and I get one every year.

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
M2 frightliner 325.00 installed
I question it's quality as the wipers don't follow the glass correctly anymore and leave major streaks of rain and snow .
Second set of new in a month, that or the wipers quality sucks now.

The wipers may be worn to the shape of the old windshield. Try swapping them out, use winter blades, If you have a totally flat windshield, you can use beam style .

Bob Wolf.

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
Kenworth T-660 @ KW in Montana was $180 total, KW in New Orleans it was $400 plus labor, Safelite is $250 total.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Bob Wolfe, I have put on 2 new says of wipers already results are both the same.

Check the wiper arm springs. Have same problem with mine and found the passenger side spring is a little weak when the arm get back close to the windshield after I lift it.