New Truck Stop

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We have some friend who have just started hauling crude up here and their stories are very interesting to say the least. One of their problems is lack of laundry facilities!

1/20/2012
OOIDA’s Land line: Developer announces plan for 60-acre ‘truck hub’ near Williston, ND
While many states are struggling with high unemployment rates and budget deficits, business is booming in North Dakota.
Oil companies are flocking to North Dakota, creating an influx of trucks needed to haul drilling equipment, as well as oil, sand and water.
Truckers have been struggling to find safe truck parking in areas like Williston, ND, where a large number of oil rigs are located. Williston city officials; the Williams County Commission; and Granite Peak Development LLC, a private developer based in Casper and Cheyenne, WY, have developed a plan which could ease the truck parking shortage there.
Recently, Granite Peak announced their plan to build a “major integrated truck hub” about four miles from Williston, located near U.S. Highways 2 and 85. This truck hub will include a Love’s Travel Stop, a truck park with shorepower, a truck wash facility, and a water truck depot needed for fracking.
According to the release, the Love’s Travel Stop will add approximately 100 truck spaces, with an additional 400 shorepower spaces adjacent to the truck stop that will have electricity, wireless internet and cable TV provided by Shorepower Technologies.
The truck hub will be located on about 60 acres of the Bakken Industrial Park, which is a 650-acre commercial and industrial development, where roads, city water and sewer lines are currently under construction.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Great. :screwy: Finally get a truck stop up there and it's an almost-a-truckstop.

--

You know the problem with bad cops? They make the other 5% look bad.

bill98

Seasoned Expediter
A number of my Friends from working in Iraq are up there they keep hounding me when am I coming
THE UP SIDE
good pay
no road side bombs
no one shoots at you driving

THE DOWN SIDE
ITS COLD

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Growing up near this area - I have mixed thoughts about this. First, I 'm glad for the jobs and opportunities - but on the downside, this was one of the most laid back, safe and friendly areas in North America, I see that changing very quickly...and not for the better.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Are you implying that truckers are dangerous Lawrence? Or the crowd of employees it may bring?

I see this as a good thing myself. Less fatigued drivers trying to get to a safe place to park bfe.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Growing up near this area - I have mixed thoughts about this. First, I 'm glad for the jobs and opportunities - but on the downside, this was one of the most laid back, safe and friendly areas in North America, I see that changing very quickly...and not for the better.

True. With the lack of housing, man camps are set up. I saw a video of one on YouTube. It looked pleasant enough. Barbecue grills outside, small gym, but bunk beds and such. I'd rather have an 8x8 "cell" with dayrooms and such.

Anyway, think of when those guys get off work, and they have 'em a few beers, and Joe gets into it with Frank over the attentions of Edna, the ****tail waitress over at the Denny's...

Think about the percentage of the population who seem to be born criminals...

Think about the slum it might turn into when the Baaken dries up. I've already read that the Baaken is vastly overstated. And you're left with residents who can light their tap water on fire and can't afford to leave.

--

You know the problem with bad cops? They make the other 5% look bad.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Are you implying that truckers are dangerous Lawrence? Or the crowd of employees it may bring?

I see this as a good thing myself. Less fatigued drivers trying to get to a safe place to park bfe.

I think he might be referring to the rough necks and the problems that accompany young single guys with a lot of disposable income. I was just up there earlier this month and according to the guy at the oil company that I delivered to the area was not prepared for the population increase. He said there are also a lot of people that come and go which can have a negative impact on the small town atmosphere.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
I think he might be referring to the rough necks and the problems that accompany young single guys with a lot of disposable income. I was just up there earlier this month and according to the guy at the oil company that I delivered to the area was not prepared for the population increase. He said there are also a lot of people that come and go which can have a negative impact on the small town atmosphere.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

You nailed it - I should have clarified it better in my post.