new tires etc etc

wombat4412

Seasoned Expediter
just wondering something here about fedex cc do they finance tires thru our settlements like a lot of companys do and the national accounts you hear about for a bigger discount on tire purchase i hope you all know what the heck i am asking in other words i go to bridgestone we will say get my tires get a po from fedex cc then have the tires taken out of my weekly settlement over several weeks
wombat4412
fedex cc 2 months
ex conway o/o

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Unless they have changed policies Fedex does not finance tires for the so called independent contractor. However they have a pretty decent discount with Goodyear. Check with contractor relations and they will send you what you need.

wombat4412

Seasoned Expediter
thanks rich but do not like goodyear tires michigan maybe bridgestone yes all the way maybe they should look at financing tires & take it out of our settlement fedex a dam big company should be able to get one heck of a discount only reason i say this was once leased to landstar and they take $250. a week just a way to help out the o/o but will ring cc or cr on monday morning
thanks rich

truckerbse2

Expert Expediter
Sorry Wombat, they don't give us financing on anything other than our insurance if it is through them. One question though, why in the world did you leave Landstar??

wombat4412

Seasoned Expediter
long long story but yep i miss the blue star and all the friends i made over there in the 3 years i was there but one never knows it is do late until it bites you like a king brown snake back home in the outback them your down & out
wombat 35 yrs
in the trucking industry
26 years road train in australia
3.6 years otr in australia
1 yr panther11
3yrs landstar
1+6 conway now
3.4 months fedex cc

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Hey Pete

Sorry I haven't call you lately been doing things on the house. I hope you and Pam are doing great out their, going back out Tuesday with my old Co driver Ken.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Wombat, that is an excellent idea! I hope some of the carrier reps will take that ball & run with it - they could be helpful and make a bit of profit for themselves, doing it. :)