New O/O need cargo van friendly loadboards

DBANKS702

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Hello everyone.... I've taken a leap of faith.... New to the Expediter World... I purchased a 2016 Ford Transit 150 snd started running for a local company in the DFW area. The pay was not great but it allowed me to get adjusted the industry... Now Im looking to run on my own and obtain my own loads.... Having problems with load boards not being cargo van friendly.... Any suggestions on where I can look?

Thanks

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
USHIP .... because i guessing you know Very little on How this Expediting really works ... but if you want to learn more and take the Proper steps ... spend some time reading in the Newbie section ....

Sent from my SM-G900M using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: schwanman

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Regardless of the van size, you will not be able to make a success out of it trying to live off load boards. Even if you could find enough van loads on the boards, you'll spend half you time trying to run down slow and no paying customers. You're better off signing on with an established expedite carrier. With a heavier duty van.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Your best bet would be to sign your van on with a courier service in the DFW area. With being a 150 model, like others said - will be a challenge for most companies who need more space and weight allowance. Good luck! ;)

Majid

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
Regardless of the van size, you will not be able to make a success out of it trying to live off load boards. Even if you could find enough van loads on the boards, you'll spend half you time trying to run down slow and no paying customers. You're better off signing on with an established expedite carrier. With a heavier duty van.

Your carrier that you are leased on to takes 30% of your pay and on load board you take the majority and find customers and you are the winner.

Dell

Active Expediter
Your carrier that you are leased on to takes 30% of your pay and on load board you take the majority and find customers and you are the winner.

What is your MC and DOT numbers? How are you covering your insurance? What are you doing to collect payment? How long does it take for you to collect payment? Just a few of the many questions to answer before you declare you are a winner ---- that is running legal.

Reactions: scottm4211

Majid

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator

What is your MC and DOT numbers? How are you covering your insurance? What are you doing to collect payment? How long does it take for you to collect payment? Just a few of the many questions to answer before you declare you are a winner ---- that is running legal.

Using other peoples authority but charge a percentage like 10 or 12. if you want help with insurance go to Owner Operator Independent Drivers Association, Trucking Association. payment depends you can get it early with a fee charge or if you have capital you can wait.

Acquisitions

Active Expediter
Recruiter
Well if no is going to say it..........sounds like with ELD's in place and playing games with the rules in Big trucks, the industry is catching on to them.....they are now moving to Vans so they can try and make a mess with this industry too. I'm thinking soon it will be really hard to know who you are really working for or if the company has what it needs to run legal.....until something happens and some poor driver just trying to put food on the table ends up taking all the s%#$& because the owner disappears and it's a mouse maze to find them.