New NJ Ice law goes in effect.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Very simple. If you have ice on your roof, simply drive thru NYC or Phili, and hit every pothole you can. Problem solved by the time you get to Jersey. :D

LOL..that is normal isn't it?....one wouldn't have to try too hard to hit one..it is harder to miss one I think...

tbubster

Seasoned Expediter
If one can rig a plug in side the box.Heat tape The use it on waterlines on the outside of mobile homes.Line the top inside roof and your good.Can get it at any lowes.

when I was a teenager in maine my brothers and I would take a ladder and some extra wide homemade snow shovels and go to trailer parks and shovel the flat roofs off.Made a killing everytime we got more then 4in of snow.Seems to me a couple of guys with some shovels and pushbrooms could make some pretty good money at a truck stop.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Heck, I'm thinking a couple of heavy canvas paint tarps, with long ropes attached, thrown over the box BEFORE it snows. Bungee-cord it to the bottom of the box. Then when you're ready to go, pull off the tarps from a distance, bringing all the snow and ice with them. Granted, that would be a challenge for solos, but it's cheap.

A 15.5'x19' tarp for $60:

Ace® Canvas Tarp - Tarps - Ace Hardware

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
We have never had ice build up on the box roof.
I wonder if it is due to having a translucent roof?