New Guy with Potentially Silly Question :-{o

MrMcHooHaa

New Recruit
Driver
Hi guys!

I am very eagerly looking into becoming a "professional" expediter, and I'm wondering if it's even remotely possible to find a company that hires people who do NOT drive vans, but sedans.

I am very much keeping my eyes peeled for something affordable to exchange my Nissan Altima for, but in the meantime, if it can keep me from homelessness, I'd love to find a way to make money expediting with my car.

I know that for the most part people use larger vehicles, but I'm wondering if anyone, anywhere uses regular cars for other, smaller shipments, or even for documents.

Thank you so much for listening to me.

I hope to learn so much!

Michael

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Hi guys!

I am very eagerly looking into becoming a "professional" expediter, and I'm wondering if it's even remotely possible to find a company that hires people who do NOT drive vans, but sedans.

I am very much keeping my eyes peeled for something affordable to exchange my Nissan Altima for, but in the meantime, if it can keep me from homelessness, I'd love to find a way to make money expediting with my car.

I know that for the most part people use larger vehicles, but I'm wondering if anyone, anywhere uses regular cars for other, smaller shipments, or even for documents.

Thank you so much for listening to me.

I hope to learn so much!

Michael
You might want to check out a local courier service.

Reactions: Moot

MrMcHooHaa

New Recruit
Driver
Hey!

I've actually done that sort of thing when I was living in Austin. I drove for Uber and Lyft, as well as food delivery. The only thing is that now I travel nationwide. Meaning, I own no permanent residence. I'm a full time Uni student online, and I also house and pet sit, but I'd LOVE to be able to make decent income using the space I have available. I tutor, but that income is spotty.

M

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Spend some time learning what the expediting business is all about. First and foremost it is business. Next it is a business moving freight. Kind of hard to do that in a car.

Reactions: ntimevan