New guy just saying Hi

joegoblue

Expert Expediter
This wanted to introduce myself.I,m looking at trucking because after 28 years my job is going south. I think it will be a good fit for me. I have learned both the good and bad from this site and for that thanks.I still don,t know what size truck to get or if I,ll start out driving someone else's truck.I'm plannig on going to the big show in Kentucky.I also sure I'll be asking many questions here to. My name is Joe and I live in Caledona,Michigan

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
That would be my plan. You will be able to talk to just about anyone in the industry there.
Check out the forums here and the archives so you have an idea of what questions you have once you arrive.
Welcome to EO

Davekc
owner
21 years
PantherII
EO moderator

G

Living in Michigan is a big plus and will make your life easier getting home.

As for the unit size, D units get more load offers than B or C units and a D unit is a lot cheaper to run than a tractor trailer.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Welcome to the forum! Truck show is a wise move. Note that it is huge. It is impossible to see all exhibits in the short time provided. Be sure to budget your time so you get the important stuff done. The truck show web site is: http://truckingshow.com/ Use it to plan your time there. It goes without saying that you want to spend a good chunk of time at the Expedite Experience exhibits and stop in at the EO booth there.

If you have not already seen it, the article "Introduction to Expediting" may be of interest to you. Link:

http://www.expeditersonline.com/downloads/introduction.pdf

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will find loads of good information here as well as a great group of people willing to share an incredible amount of knowledge with you. I'll include my thimble full if/when it applies. :+ Good luck to you.

Leo Bricker, owner trucks 3034, 4958
OOIDA 677319
73's K5LDB
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator 1+ Years of Service
-----
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Hi Joe,

My name is Joe as well, I live in Mich and I am an expediter. I have been running since May 2005 and my wife joined me in Sept. I can't say I know as much as some of these other guys but if there is any way I can help let me know. You can reach me at [email protected]. We plan on being at MATS later this month as well. Good luck. Layoutshoter