New Federal requirement for CDL drivers

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't know what this all about, but received this in the mail from Michigan Secretary of State

dbdf2a25f11913706696493c423287b2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: Greg and ntimevan

ucfd608

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
They started that in ga an u had to bring in two pieces of mail to show u was a ga resident it made it from about a hour to get everything done to about 6 hours it sucks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using EO Forums mobile app

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
good deal GA....thats the way it should be done to verify everyone's I'D

I've had to do the born outside of of US thing upon every renewel....almost 10 years now....

Green Card plus birth certifcate AND a utility bill within the last 6 months with my current address on it

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
WI is doing that also. If you read closely, all you really need to bring in is your passport if you have one. It didn't delay me at all. Plus after seeing your passport, you get a star in the upper right hand corner of your new license that allows access to Military Bases, Nuke plants, and less hassle boarding commercial airplanes. It's called "Real ID". It's not a big deal to get, just prove your who you claim to be.
8ae9eec96fabef5d9b082440b1fed5b8.jpg

Reactions: Slim

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
what I find nonsense...is the Feds can dictate these requirements BUT they have NO control of the voting booth as they claim that is states right.....doh....but drivers licenses are states property as well...

ucfd608

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A few years ago there was a dds employee who got paid several thousands of dollars from ppl to get illegal immigrants there license I never understood how an illegal alien can get a license in the state of ga but they actually could before all these changes. The person caught getting paid was making the illegals think they was doin something special when they wasn't

ucfd608

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
local DOT there must suck...
Oh an ga also has everything separate like the state patrol used to do drivers license, big trucks, as well as patrol the highways now they have found another way to waste money we have the department of drivers services for the license, the department of motor vehicles who run the big trucks an scale houses, an the troopers who do the highways as well as being certified to check big trucks

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
WI is doing that also. If you read closely, all you really need to bring in is your passport if you have one. It didn't delay me at all. Plus after seeing your passport, you get a star in the upper right hand corner of your new license that allows access to Military Bases, Nuke plants, and less hassle boarding commercial airplanes. It's called "Real ID". It's not a big deal to get, just prove your who you claim to be.
8ae9eec96fabef5d9b082440b1fed5b8.jpg

WAIT...I too have a star.....you mean after all these years I didn't have to be a citizen?

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Maybe this "Real ID", where you must prove citizenship will be used as proof positive at voting facilities in the near future. You can see the difference in the upper corner.
8cc423b17c682ddcd9e08ae98ce282b7.jpg

Last edited:

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Oh an the health card Georgia wants a current one on file like the dot is gonna pull it up on there computers

WI is requiring a copy of your medical card also. They claim that we no longer are required to carry the proof of having the medical card. But, I still carry a copy along with my insurance and registration.

Reactions: ntimevan

dc843

Expert Expediter
Researching
I heard about the whole "real id" thing as a means for flying also. Theres like a list of 20 states where you have to meet these certian ID requirements to fly now.