New DOT physical qualifications start May 21st

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
It wouldn't even take a computer or any kind of theft. Physical forms are available in truckstops. Somebody could fill it out, make up a doctor's name and turn it in. It wouldn't be an issue until there was a serious accident. When ever I've handed my card to a DOT officer they barely even look at it. The registry should help to cut down on this type of fraud.

Yes, it will, but at the expense [literally!] of those of us who never cheated. And the potential for abuse shifts to the medical providers, who are far better at it than we could ever hope to be.
Example: providers who own [or have heavy investments in] sleep testing centers - might they diagnose 'possible' sleep apnea that requires testing more than those who have no ulterior motive?

letsdrive

Seasoned Expediter
So without having to read entire post will my current medical card still be good with the new requirements

Sent from my SPH-L520 using EO Forums mobile app

Jamin_Joe

Seasoned Expediter
A way to deal with this is to blast the FMCSA with calls and letters, that is what Liberals taught us to do when we disagree.

Could you see trucks and vans driving around their building with signes on them. The traffic congestion would tick alot of people off and would generate media attention.

Give em a tasre of their own medicine.

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
It wouldn't even take a computer or any kind of theft. Physical forms are available in truckstops. Somebody could fill it out, make up a doctor's name and turn it in. It wouldn't be an issue until there was a serious accident. When ever I've handed my card to a DOT officer they barely even look at it. The registry should help to cut down on this type of fraud.
There was a typo on my last exam....the SD DOT caught immediately....had 30 days to report with corrected version or license would be suspended....amazingly my carrier is the one that does not even look at them for correctness....they missed it!

letsdrive

Seasoned Expediter
Only problem I have is lazy eye but optometrist will sign off no glasses needed

Sent from my SPH-L520 using EO Forums mobile app

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It wouldn't even take a computer or any kind of theft. Physical forms are available in truckstops. Somebody could fill it out, make up a doctor's name and turn it in. It wouldn't be an issue until there was a serious accident. When ever I've handed my card to a DOT officer they barely even look at it. The registry should help to cut down on this type of fal heraud.
I was recently asked for my medical card at a scale house in N.C. He called the doc office to verify it.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
I just had my physical. I was kind of worried about it, given all the changes I had heard of. But it was the same old physical. Had my neck measured the previous physical, but not this time.