New Direction for the war on terrorists.

Packmule

Expert Expediter
New Direction for the war on terrorists.

"Send Prior Service Vets over 60 "

I am over 60 and the Armed Forces thinks I'm too old to track down terrorists. (You can't be older than 42 to join the military.)

They've got the whole thing backwards. Instead of sending 18-year-olds off to fight, they ought to take us old guys. You shouldn't be able to join a military unit until you're at least 35.

For starters:

Researchers say 18-year-olds think about sex every 10 seconds. Old guys only think about sex a couple of times a day, leaving us more than 28,000 additional seconds per day to concentrate on the enemy.

Young guys haven't lived long enough to be cranky, and a cranky soldier is a dangerous soldier. "My back hurts! I can't sleep, I'm tired and hungry!" We are impatient and maybe letting us kill some ##### that desperately deserves it will make us feel better and shut us up for a while.

An 18-year-old doesn't even like to get up before 10 a.m.

Old guys always get up early to pee so what the #####. Besides, like I said, "I'm tired and can't sleep and since I'm already up, I may as well be up killing some fanatical son-of-a-#####.

If captured we couldn't spill the beans because we'd forget where we put them. In fact, name, rank, and serial number would be a real brainteaser.

Boot camp would be easier for old guys. We're used to getting screamed and yelled at and we like soft food. We've also developed an appreciation for guns. We've been using them for years as an excuse to get out of the house, away from the screaming and yelling.

They could lighten up on the obstacle course however. I've been in combat and didn't see a single 20-foot wall with rope hanging over the side, nor did I ever do any pushups after completing basic training. I can hear the Drill Sgt. now, "Get down and give me ... er ... one."

Actually, the running part is kind of a waste of energy, too. I've never seen anyone outrun a bullet.

An 18-year-old has the whole world ahead of him. He's still learning to shave, to start up a conversation with a pretty girl. He still hasn't figured out that a baseball cap has a brim to shade his eyes, not the back of his head. These are all great reasons to keep our kids at home to learn a little more about life before sending them off into harm's way.

Let us old guys track down those dirty rotten cowards who attacked us on September 11. The last thing an enemy would want to see right now is a couple of million ##### off old farts with attitudes and automatic weapons who know that their best years are already behind them.

If nothing else, put us on the border and we will have it secured the first night.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Although I don't believe this is a serious suggestion it does have merit. Let those of us who believe waterboarding should be a starting point rather than a last measure have a go at them. The border is another good area. Post signs and make public announcements that in 7 days anyone seen on the U.S. side of the border will be shot and survivors will be questioned.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB
OOIDA Life Member 677319, JOIN NOW
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

unorthodoxneon

Expert Expediter
>....and survivors will be
>questioned.

Leo i think you got that all wrong. The person who did the shooting would be questioned and be sent back to the shootrange to get some more practice, none of this survivor crap...
:+

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I like this idea Danny. I think retirement and Social Security are backwards also. Why not collect retirement and SS benefits from the years 18 to 35. One could have some fun, start a family, go to school and then when the ripe old age of 35 hits, go to WORK. And work until you drop.

I know I don't get taken too seriously on E.O. and with good reason. But I really think this idea has merit.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The most cost effective solution, both financially and personnel wise would be to just send Fat Boy and Little John and several of their friends over to the terrorists.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB
OOIDA Life Member 677319, JOIN NOW
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Leo, a side benefit would be an endless supply of cheap glass. I could afford a new windshield every 6 months.

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
The boarder would be a great place to test the automated weapons no one feeling guilty lol build the wall then a 200 foot wide mine field then automated pill boxes and if they make it through all of that we could offer them a spot in sheriff Joes prison and a bus ride home in 3 years