New annoying ads

wallytrucker1

Expert Expediter
Am I the only one annoyyed by these pop up ads here on eo. Finally left the site and went to ebays commerial truck parts site. Like a candy store for drivers. I miss the old site where you weren't bombarded with flashy, noisey ads, jmo, guess you needed more $$$$$$

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Am I the only one annoyyed by these pop up ads here on eo. Finally left the site and went to ebays commerial truck parts site. Like a candy store for drivers. I miss the old site where you weren't bombarded with flashy, noisey ads, jmo, guess you needed more $$$$$$

What ads?

I don't get these ads.... maybe you need to turn on the pop up blocker of the browser?

Speaking of eBay, you would think that they would be making enough money but they have ads on their site... greed.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Speaking of eBay, you would think that they would be making enough money but they have ads on their site... greed.

Add to that they have increased their rates. Sell your truck for FREE here. Something to consider Wally.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Yea Lawrence, like they aren't making enough money. I got more response with my EO ad than I did with eBay.

Maybe I should start selling my other stuff here. Anyone ready for a 1966 VW expediter Bus? ;)

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Ditto!

I have sold two trucks on EO for free!

Wait a minute, I helped a persoanl friend sell his too, because he didn't know how to use the computer.

So that makes three.

Thank you Lawrence.

Keep those ads coming. I like em'.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
I'll be honest I think the ad Bolt has here is pretty cool. Where the recruiter pops up and is talking to you. I guess it's just me.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Whoooooaaaaa there Lawrence, I am getting a pop under ad popping a new tab up with so many views. It is making Firefox freeze and than I can't recover anything on the restart. I thought I hit the ad with my cursor.

Is this what you talking about Wally?

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
I find firefox to be lacking to begin with, nevermind if it's trying to cope with popups, and pdfs and stuff. I deleted mine and went back to IE.

wallytrucker1

Expert Expediter
Whoooooaaaaa there Lawrence, I am getting a pop under ad popping a new tab up with so many views. It is making Firefox freeze and than I can't recover anything on the restart. I thought I hit the ad with my cursor.

Is this what you talking about Wally?

yes, not the classifieds( duh )

P51bombay

Expert Expediter
Yea Lawrence, like they aren't making enough money. I got more response with my EO ad than I did with eBay.

Maybe I should start selling my other stuff here. Anyone ready for a 1966 VW expediter Bus? ;)

Maybe, but only if its a barn door and included a parcel shelf, bud vase.....................and no rust!!! :)

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Lawrence,
It pops up every fifteen or so views, do you have pop unders?

I added something to stop it.

P51,
Barndoor, yea right..... I may appear to be a millionaire in EO world but I ain't in real life. I was thinking a simple '66 panel.

M

mcclain

Let all the recruiters use all the tools there are - heck, it ain't easy.
If all we got to do is put up with a little pop up -who cares!
Besides those Bolt ads are all cool.................

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Disclaimer: my opinion has not been influenced by having profited from the free advertising available here - it's just my opinion.
Advertising is a necessity, and can certainly be useful, but (you just knew there was gonna be a but, right?;)) the ones that flash & blink are annoying, because they distract one's attention from the content we want to read. And the ones with the catchy (but ultimately meaningless) phrases are truly lame - what we need is accurate & helpful information, not Madison Avenue style slogans.
Does anyone else feel that the new LED billboards are bright enough to constitute a safety hazard on the highways?

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Does anyone else feel that the new LED billboards are bright enough to constitute a safety hazard on the highways?

Not if they are showing the football highlights.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Not to change the subject how about paying for Satelite Radio and Those ADS?

I love the ONE, what would you do different other than to END UP HERE IN JAIL cause you commited a Gun Crime?

Or the other new one where the mother is in Panic cause she cannot find her little boy in a house that has caved in. Here is this little guy just as calm as can be and his leg is hurt. Now that one is John Wayne tough, but FAKE. Cannot stand to listen to the end of it I turn off the Radio IMM when the Public Air commercials come on after the first listening to one.

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
no cheri, you're not the only one. I think even some of the new turn signals are too bright. Some cop light bars, too. I'm sure law of diminishing returns applies to advertising too.

My pop up blocker is working, so I'm happy here.

eb

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
Another annoyance is the dot controlled boards that remind me to fasten my seat belt and not drink while driving. Useless information is still part of my scan, so what am I missing when I'm having to scan state sponsored junk messages. I guess I can just ignore it all, but then I don't want to be that driver cruising the right lane when the sign says for trucks to take the left lane. Maybe they need to make a pop up blocker for drivers.

eb

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
I find firefox to be lacking to begin with, nevermind if it's trying to cope with popups, and pdfs and stuff. I deleted mine and went back to IE.

I'm using Firefox with Ad Block Plus and I never have any problems with ads. The latest version of Firefox blows away IE.