New and used Expedite Trucks

mbc383

Expert Expediter
Hello:

I have been reading about expedite trucks. I am just unlucky all the truck sales plases has moved about 30 years ago. I live in a small town of Winston Salem,NC. I have went to all the places in this town and no one know anything about expedite trucks or vans. All I get is that there way one can have sleeper in a truck. I tell them I used to drive over the road but no where with these people. I do get I want to sale you a car or pick-up. There are repair shops for truck and buses even there they don't want to talk to you. I only seen two expedite trucks and they were not stop to talk. I would like to be able to tough one before I buy. :p:cool:

mbc383

Expert Expediter
Hello:

I was mainly tailing about a place to go that have expedite trucks. Where you could go sit in and really tough what your new home. That you really buying is a home that you make money with. I only seen trucks for T/t not straight truck other the you would for day runs.

:rolleyes:;)

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Expediting in a "niche" market and not many dealers will build expedite trucks for their inventory anymore because of alot of facotrs, including there not beng a bg enough market, financing has gotten alot harer even for people with good credit and those dealers that did stock them ended up having new trucks in their inventory that were 1-2 yrs old if not even 3 and they were paying floor plan interest that was eating into their profit margins....so you aren't going to see many "expediting" trucks in dealer inventories....

You want to look at trucks, try calling major lenders and banks and asking about their "repo's"...you will find those around, but you will have to do the leg work, and chances are they are not going to be in "your back yard"...you will have to "go" to see them...

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
Many vehicles you are familiar with, the C/Vs, Sprinters, even S/Ts - with their sleepers, shelving, auxiliary wiring, e-Track, etc., are custom. The vehicles were purchased factory-bare and the new owners either fitted the extras themselves or paid someone who performed the magic wand customization routine. I have been involved in turning a 'run about town daytripper' cube truck into a vehicle any expediter would be proud to hang out in by the Rio Grande; and upgrading a C/V, bought used that the previous owner installed a sleeper and e-Track, with insulation and auxiliary wiring. In other words, be prepared to buy used with the upgrades...for if you buy new, it's basically an aluminum shell on wheels and it will be up to you to get the work done after-market...and once your cuts heal and your bruises fade, you will realize a job well done. It is TRUE the used upgraded vehicles are not normally found on car lots; utilize search engines to locate used cargo vans, check the E/O classifieds as suggested. Good luck hunting!