New Ad Bar

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
We understand that some people are having technical problems with the new Ad Bar.

We beta tested it in every possible scenario that we could think of over a 90 day period.

So with that said - this thread is for those who are having technical problems with it.

Please tell us your operating system and your browser information, for example Internet Explorer 8 or Safari.

Thanks!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't think technically there is a problem...Lawrence...there seems to be objections that it is there at all......
I am on a large screen monitor...I can only assume those with small screens it is irritating...

It does not slow me down at all...on Firefox or IE8...I am at home on cable connection...

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Its not a tech problem, I don't want the thing popping up on every page with the stupid little tagling of "What's This?" I will tell newbies not to even give these advertisers a thought....:mad:

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Which is better, a lil mini pop up, or the full pop up? The ads will be there one way or another.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Reactions: 1 person

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
We have a great development team here at EO and they have read some of your comments (and disregarded a few :D )but we are making another update to the Ad box now.

Stay Safe!

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
We have a great development team here at EO and they have read some of your comments (and disregarded a few :D )but we are making another update to the Ad box now.

Stay Safe!

Wonder if anyone gave any thought to.......the more posts made on this subject, the more time you have to spend answering, the tech team spending more time reading = no time to make any changes.......just sayin'

moose

Veteran Expediter
Which is better, a lil mini pop up, or the full pop up? The ads will be there one way or another.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

That's much better ,
but it's still slowing the browse up to the point of impossible !
brows down still works great .

using the waterwolf / glass7 with full 4G reception.(or something)

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
That's much better ,
but it's still slowing the browse up to the point of impossible !
brows down still works great .

using the waterwolf / glass7 with full 4G reception.(or something)

Moose,

The Ad is part of the page. It will not interfere with your scroll. Unless you have the first version AOL 1.0 or a very old IE browser.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Ok, that is better...smaller, no words on it to distract and the transparent color doesn't draw your eye to it every 5 seconds..

Reactions: 1 person

robh2

Veteran Expediter
Much better to the left. Not sticking and covering half of my screen either.

Vista and Chrome.

Thank you advertisers for helping support this site.

Advertise away. :eek:)

Robert

desync0

Expert Expediter
Now that it's off to the left of the center column I don't have any problems with it.

Widescreen monitors take away enough vertical resolution as it is lol

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Now it is back and bigger then it was before...it is all the way across the bottom of the page...yea i can close it...but it is still a pita....put the little tab back that is there once the "hide this bar" is clicked....this is BS..everytime you change screens it pops up all the way across the bottom of the page.....:mad:

Last edited:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I clicked the close once and have seen anything but the left hand tab since. I am on firefox 3.6, Chef what are you using? I am also using a tethered connection, 3g Verizon and it does not seem to affect load speeds or anything.

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
This PC is OLD. Plus I don't know Daylight from Dark about this stuff. That being said I think it's the ISP. When I had Land line? ISP There was always tons of unwanted & asked for E mails & pop ups. Now I get service from my Phone Co. They sent a little black box. The phone line goes into the box and out to the OLD PC. No more spam at all. No pop ups ever.:confused:

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Now it is back and bigger then it was before...it is all the way across the bottom of the page...yea i can close it...but it is still a pita....put the little tab back that is there once the "hide this bar" is clicked....this is BS..everytime you change screens it pops up all the way across the bottom of the page.....:mad:

I think I know how dispatchers feel now.... :p

Let's try and solve this.

What browser are you using? Let's start there.

And do you allow EO to place a cookie (you're welcome) on your machine?

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
using internet explorer and aol..yea i know...but it seems fixed again.....it is back to the little tab on the left side...