Negativity

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We really enjoy meeting other drivers until we run across the negative one. I get very frustrated with this situation and if at all possible I get out of it and leave Bob to his own devices! He has a lot more patience then I do is my excuse.

I want to be rude and blunt and say if you don't like the company you drive for move on, if you don't like all the rules and all you can do is complain to other drivers and not the right people move on. This field of work is not for everyone and if you don't like it why waste your time and my time telling me about it? We can all have a bad day and the bad load but get over it because tomorrow and the next load will be great!

I love it when we can meet another driver or team that really enjoys what we do. The time just fly's by when you are exchanging ideas and how to's with someone else that really cares about their job and way of life. We have so much to learn and when you can get hold of someone who has been there, done it and has the t-shirt you have struck gold!!

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
I feel the same way Linda. I've left my dear sweet hubby to his own devices many times. (snicker) I was hoping that the Expediter side of trucking would be different than T/T general freight hauling when it came to the complaining, but it seems that my wish didn't come true. I don't want a sugar coating, but I don't want to hear how awful they've been treated, the company stinks etc. For the most part, we've discovered that it's usually the same "types" that have trouble.
We've all had times that we've felt put upon, or treated unfairly, but that's true with all aspects of life. Trucking is a lifestyle, and if all you can do is complain, this lifestyle obviously isn't for you.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Perfect timing, I read this post, and then was reading my Zig Ziglar newsletter... he had 2 perfect quotes this week!

"Some people seem to find their greatest satisfaction in life just standing at the complaint counter."

and this one is SOOOOOO true... LOL..

"People make enemies by complaining too much to their friends."

Dreamer
Forums Administrator

--------------

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
How do you get that newsletter?

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB
OOIDA Life Member 677319, JOIN NOW
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Leo,

http://www.ziglar.com/

At the top right is the link to sign up. They have great articles of course, good quotes, word of the week etc, plus you can download his podcast onsite.

Dreamer
Forums Administrator

--------------

"Ability can take you to the top,
but it takes Character to keep you there!"

- Zig Ziglar

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Dale wow I didnt know he has a news letter. I love to listen to him and also to read what he has wrote!!

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I have noticed that when FedEx drivers happen to group together, the positive and negative ones tend to sort themselves into like-minded groups. I have also noticed that the positive ones appear to be more successful than the negative ones. It's not just a slogan that attitude is everything. A negative attitude feeds on itself and blinds people to opportunities a positive attitude would enable them to see.

As far as listening to negative people goes, I'll do it for a while. You never know where your next item learned may come from. But when it gets to the point where the negative person's words start dragging me down, I disengage.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Team Caffee, and most others that posted here.

After meeting many of you, your positive influence is energizing. I find its easy to begin to ignore someone so negative or make an excuse to exit out of there. We all complaine, its human nature, than we come accross someone like yourselves to remind us how lucky we are and the fact that one enjoys what one does just makes it that much better.

Complainers generally hate there jobs, and would hate any job including winning the lotto and staying at home.

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
I think a lot of it is inexperience..
My perceptions of expedite and expectations are completely opposite of what they were 2 years ago.
These days I don't give it a thought I just go with the flow and it always seems to work in my favor.
My fleet owner would probably like to stick his foot in my posterior right about now (just took a load to SD) but I am confident every thing will work out fine.
Mike