Cargo Van Need to make money to fix this

nathanderson8

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Due to some unexpected bills and a emergency I couldn't get my van roof fixed. Wanted to fix it and get on the road. 2016 Ford Transit 12k miles. Roof doesn't leak, totally dry. So looking for a company that will hire me allow me to work and fix van in a appropriate time frame, and keep me working afterwards. Have photos of the van. ThanksIMG_20190804_111247201~2.jpg

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Due to some unexpected bills and a emergency I couldn't get my van roof fixed. Wanted to fix it and get on the road. 2016 Ford Transit 12k miles. Roof doesn't leak, totally dry. So looking for a company that will hire me allow me to work and fix van in a appropriate time frame, and keep me working afterwards. Have photos of the van. ThanksView attachment 19327
You've got to be kidding!

• Haha
Reactions: Moot and Grizzly

nathanderson8

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
A carrier might except that explanation of how it happened, but they're not gonna bring on a van that looks like that. Too many shippers won't put freight on a van that looks like that. One lokk at that van and they'll think, "My freight is toast."
I agree with you on that. I bought it at a dealership and got one heck of a deal on it. It is fixable. Previous owner drove into a hospital parking garage on a delivery. So I will just take it easy and hopefully by spring I'll be able to get it fixed.. Thanks

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I agree with you on that. I bought it at a dealership and got one heck of a deal on it. It is fixable. Previous owner drove into a hospital parking garage on a delivery. So I will just take it easy and hopefully by spring I'll be able to get it fixed.. Thanks

It is flexible ... like for real?
Who knows, that may have certain value in a different dimension.

accordion.jpg

Don't mean to sound like a naysayer but imo whatever money you spent on it is dead money. I'd rather spend money on a good used van with 100K mi rather than a unibody with that body damage. Again, just my 2 cents ..

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think dealership would have it fixed as part of the deal before i signed and took delivery of said van. I think you are looking at a very expensive repair if nota total. Problem taken care of.

Reactions: Moot

nathanderson8

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
I think dealership would have it fixed as part of the deal before i signed and took delivery of said van. I think you are looking at a very expensive repair if nota total. Problem taken care of.
Actually the parts I need are a little over 1,600 have had two quotes one was for 4500 labor and the other from a friend was 2400. The dealer knew that I was looking for a Transit but driving expedite was not my goal when I bought it. It works well for me at my current job. 5 exterior parts and 6 rib parts. Looks a lot worse than it is.

Reactions: Grizzly and Turtle

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Due to some unexpected bills and a emergency I couldn't get my van roof fixed. Wanted to fix it and get on the road. 2016 Ford Transit 12k miles. Roof doesn't leak, totally dry. So looking for a company that will hire me allow me to work and fix van in a appropriate time frame, and keep me working afterwards. Have photos of the van. ThanksView attachment 19327
Laredo Heat will cause Transit Roofs to melt ..

Sent from my SM-G975U using EO Forums mobile app

la90043

Expert Expediter
Take out the inner liner. Knock it out with A hammer. Put liner back in. No one will see it. Make money.

Reactions: kg

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Take out the inner liner. Knock it out with A hammer. Put liner back in. No one will see it. Make money.

Instead of a hammer, I’d use two load bars and a 2x8, cut to fit between the side roof rails. Gently raise the board, trying to keep it level (tie an inexpensive level to the bottom), up to the original height. Repeat as needed. A helper would probably be required. Clean thoroughly, a little paint, and good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: Mr. Loyalty.

Andyinchville1

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think it could be banged out relatively well

Vans are so tall who's going to see way up there

But yeah it would be interesting to see how it worked out or if you did anything with it but I guess maybe we're still hanging after all this time!