Need help with rear end issue.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Filling a Chevy to overflow does not fill it after overhauling. You have to turn the wheels several times and get the fluid out to the axles then top it off. It's best to run it around the block come back then top it off. A lot of gearing gets lost when people don't do that.

I got to ask, how does turning the wheels move the fluid from the center to the axles when the fluid level isn't high enough?

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Well there isn't anything to put into the rear end to make it quiet except sawdust. Any claim to make a rear end quiet is about the same as Obama being a libertarian.

Cutting beans out of your diet will cut down on rearend noise:D

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
Sawdust is a good trick if you are getting rid of your ride.Lucus is the biggest waist of money you can spend on your truck.If the rear end had synthetic gear lube,and you replaced it with regular oil,that could cause a hum.Watch you rear end temp,bad bearing will cause a hum,and rear end to over heat.If you had the ring and pinion gear out,that could be the noise if you didnt get it lined up right when replacing it.Good luck

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
I got to ask, how does turning the wheels move the fluid from the center to the axles when the fluid level isn't high enough?

I ment to say if it's on a rack put it in drive and run it. It will circulate with the gear spinning. Hopefully it's not that low.