Nashville TN Cross dock Load Transfer

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Anyone know of a dock in the Nashville TN area that can transfer 3 skids from one of trucks to another truck? Driver has a personal issue so he can't get the load delivered so we have another driving meeting him but we need to transfer the freight!

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums mobile app

zorry

Veteran Expediter
As a last resort find someone at the TA with a liftgate & Pallet jack.
Pull onto his truck, then into other truck.

We do a lot of unloads for non-lift gate trucks. Often our gate will fit completely inside your truck.

Sorry, too far away to help.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Panther does a lot of crossdocks at the Averit there right by the airport.

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
As a last resort find someone at the TA with a liftgate & Pallet jack.
Pull onto his truck, then into other truck.

We do a lot of unloads for non-lift gate trucks. Often our gate will fit completely inside your truck.

Sorry, too far away to help.

That was my thought...called one place they wanted 250...I could pay someone less and get it done! :D

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
I would try any LTL carrier at their terminal to see if they can help you. I've had similar situation in the past. I was in Knoxville at the time.

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've actually had good luck getting a truck repair shop to do that for a little cash. I've used Pilot/j for frt transfers. Anywhere from $20-$50 cash direct to the fork lift op.

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Zorry he's Hino free so he's okay!

Bill I did speak with the TA in Nashville and I have to check back but sounds like they may do it. Plus have a couple of LTL docks that said call when other driver gets there, if they aren't busy I have to buy the forklift operator dinner but that's a good price! :)

And the bonus to me is after some good runs, lots of extra phone calls, etc this week to handle issues I think my co driver is springing for a nice room at the Hampton Inn...or so he'll found out shortly!

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Panther does a lot of crossdocks at the Averit there right by the airport.

They are one of the people on my list, as long as they aren't busy. Guy I spoke with said they shouldn't be, just have to get the other driver there!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I can't help with the crossdock issue, but if you need a tow truck.....1 mile from the shipper in Nashville, I blew an airline and had to call for the happy hooker to take me away. It was a good load, too, so when the other Load 1 truck drove past enroute to the shipper, I waved, but I didn't smile. :(
West Nashville Towing & Repair got it fixed pretty quickly, and didn't charge exorbitant rates - that's about as good as it gets these days, sigh.

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
All set! Found an inexpensive solution that works...everyone is happy and I'm still angling for my day at the Hampton Inn w/ Whirlpool tub! :D

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Thanks everyone for the great suggestions! Cheri I'm adding them to my book!

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
You might call my old carrier DMW Expedite, they are right off the interstate and have a cross dock facility, 615-361-6469 or 877-369-4748 There good folks and might be able to help you out

mbriley

Rookie Expediter
warehousing pro 615-200-0833

Anyone know of a dock in the Nashville TN area that can transfer 3 skids from one of trucks to another truck? Driver has a personal issue so he can't get the load delivered so we have another driving meeting him but we need to transfer the freight!

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
If anyone has a need for a cross dock in Cincinnati, we should be functional in a week or two. Darn forklift is taking longer to procure than I originally thought.

We won't charge $250 either, unless you're a multi carrier truck. If that's the case, we charge $100 for each carrier you're signed on with. :)

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
If anyone has a need for a cross dock in Cincinnati, we should be functional in a week or two. Darn forklift is taking longer to procure than I originally thought.

We won't charge $250 either, unless you're a multi carrier truck. If that's the case, we charge $100 for each carrier you're signed on with. :)

Want to know what rate to charge and where to get the XDock freight? PM me.
I'll email my guy with you attached, eh?
But can you do 24/7 xdocks?!?!