NASCAR cuts Toyota horsepower

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
that sux....the others all has access to the technology...they were just too slow....wonder of GM hadda had it first would the decision of been the same??? I don't think so....

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Wasn't something done in the 70's with Chrysler?

I remember the Wing Warriors were causing Ford to cry so the response was to screw with the rules.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yeah....the fords and Gm's couldn't compete with Crycos big block engines and whinned then too.....bloody shame...

They can't keep up on the track nor the showrooms....remember when they wanted to limit imports?

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
i had tv for the first time in a long time and saw that interview before the sat nite race. what a weekas+ excuse!! ......toyota built a better engine and ford and gm are still working with 50's engines...... BS! make ford and gm better by making them compete. quit kowtowing to them. if their tech is 1950's then so is the entire nascar rulebook. what happened to build a better mousetrap and people will follow? bill sr is still spinning in his grave. he hasn't stopped since the cot arrived.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Jack your correct...I thought it was supposed to be man and machine?.....if they are all equal wheres the competition? thats how our technology works by building a better mouse trap each and everytime....now NASCAR in all it's wisdom has made it all about the drivers not the cars!

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Racing today is a real turn-off. It`s no longer about the best technology, the best racer, the hardest working team. It`s all about the racing hierarchy deciding rules they think best.

As a wise man nice said...SUX

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
nascar is all about the show hence the carb plates on the big tracks and the appearance of the cot and competition yellows(let the pack buch up so we can have a crash).

if you want technology turn on the american lemans series aug 9th from road america as they race into the sunset. i maybe out on the road watching it also.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
the reason they run restricter plates is to keep the cars from going to fast on the bigger tracks. More speed=more dangerous crash. I don't think they should have done Toyota like that. Male the others catch up.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
the reason they run restricter plates is to keep the cars from going to fast on the bigger tracks. More speed=more dangerous crash. I don't think they should have done Toyota like that. Make the others catch up.

I wonder if NASCAR has done any testing "without" the restricter plate with the "new generation" car....back when the plate was ruled on the speed exceeded the safety developement of the car but now alot has been done for safety and the absorbing crash barriers...I am think they maybe can let them run wide open....
AS for Toyota...yes, its not just a driver competition, it's a competition between the pit crews, AND the manufacturers.
Wasn't Ford with the Taurus that had an edge in body design for a season where Fords ruled....