My Take On Expediting Video

mxzane933

Seasoned Expediter
Here is a video from my site I made giving my take on expediting . It might be of some help to you new guys interested in this career field.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Who left the lift truck unattended like that. :D
Good little video Zane..You will be in the movies soon.

dolphin

Seasoned Expediter
Good to see! Just put a deposit on a new Sprinter. Need all the info I can get.
Probably start in Feb.
Thanks

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Dolphin, would you share some of your experiences as a newbie to expediting? Newbies often seek advice from the experts, but some of the experts are so old and grizzled they can't remember the name of their carrier if it wasn't plastered on the side of their truck. I know of one grizzled old timer that has his name on the side of his truck, just incase he forgets.
OPERATED BY

Your experiences are fresh and unbiased and probably more relevant to other newbies. What made you choose expediting for a career change? What influenced your vehicle decision and how smooth was the buying process? Have you chosen a carrier yet?

Once you get rolling maybe you could report back on your first few loads; the thrill of traveling, the freedom, the fear and the second thoughts of "this is another fine mess I got myself into". All of us have been there, but few of us remember exactly what it was like.

Please share your experiences, not only Dolphin and Zane, but all others who are just getting started or thinking about it. We'll try and not beat up on you, unless you do the machete thing at Wally World.

Good luck Dolphin, I hope you enjoy your new career!

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Leak down test on the fork lift maybe?
Good video all around your going to start recruiting soon?

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
He just said it don't feel like workin if you love to drive. Expediting is not work at all. It's getting paid to yap on the cell phone, drink coffee, and eat tater chips. Not a bad gig at all. Just be sure you have enough money to pay for fuel when you are on one of those assembly line shut downs!

dolphin

Seasoned Expediter
Dolphin, would you share some of your experiences as a newbie to expediting? Newbies often seek advice from the experts, but some of the experts are so old and grizzled they can't remember the name of their carrier if it wasn't plastered on the side of their truck. I know of one grizzled old timer that has his name on the side of his truck, just incase he forgets.
OPERATED BY

Your experiences are fresh and unbiased and probably more relevant to other newbies. What made you choose expediting for a career change? What influenced your vehicle decision and how smooth was the buying process? Have you chosen a carrier yet?

Once you get rolling maybe you could report back on your first few loads; the thrill of traveling, the freedom, the fear and the second thoughts of "this is another fine mess I got myself into". All of us have been there, but few of us remember exactly what it was like.

Please share your experiences, not only Dolphin and Zane, but all others who are just getting started or thinking about it. We'll try and not beat up on you, unless you do the machete thing at Wally World.

Good luck Dolphin, I hope you enjoy your new career!

* Hi! Did trade shows(30-35 per year) from 1986 till 2004. Sold my business and moved to Europe. Opened a Computer Shop and did that for 8 years. I hated being stuck behind the desk/counter. Have alot of experience on road and in business and really enjoy driving. That's brought me to this site when I was in Europe and I followed the forums last 3 years. Lot of good info even for business people about vans, sprinters etc. This site was as close I could get to the highway from the Island I was on. 15 kilometers across not much driving room. lol

* Buying process was smooth. Waiting on loan approval right now. I went in looking at a used 2006 Sprinter for about 15K. 2012 are about 40K and in Ohio if you Expedite you pay no sales tax. Saleman was 40 years in Trucking and new Expedite industry and very helpful.
The more I thought about it I liked the idea of a new vehicle and knowing what service was done to it. Feel safer and hope to have no major problems for 3 year with proper service. I believe Transit will be 40K probably with Diesel so only advantage is Service and maybe cheaper parts. Plus 8-10 months wait will cost too me too much income.

* Carrier , Yes went to Monroe in May and meet with carriers and from all info I decide on 3. I have decided which one, but will post when paperwork is completed.

* Still need some time to set up van and get organized. Probably about 30 days.

I will post as I get going and let you all know how it is coming along. Definitely will post my first few trip!

Thanks for the good luck wishes!

mxzane933

Seasoned Expediter
thanks guys I forgot I posted this haha, sloride the pump went out so I had to improvise and use gravity as my best friend,