My Promaster 3500 repair.

BlindSquid

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
We have all heard the Horror stories about Sprinters , Promasters ,Transits ..
This topic will shed some light on Promaster 3.6 engine repair ..
742dc3de368412aef07004ad569849b5.jpg

Van towed in this morning ..
On route from Laredo to Tn ..Thursday night south of Waco .. loss of power .. blinking check engine .. 30 seconds the light went solid on .. found no issues ... 800 miles later ..last night west of Nashville .. same issue blinking light .. 3 times over 10 miles .. the 3rd time there was loud ticking or knocking noise .. went off interstate to convenience store ..parked van .. called in to dispatch .. rescued load .. this morning towed in Dodge Ram dealer ..van went into shop 10.30 am .. meanwhile i was taken for rental truck .. when i arrived back at dealer .. Mechanic had front of van disassembled and top of motor ..
944bded01c7b46a7eb8c8186c793eb2c.jpg

Problem found Rocker Arm Followers(2) over #6 cly. had went bad ..causing damage to Left Exhaust Cam shaft .. also causing # 6 misfiring ..
Ordered parts .. should be fixed by noon on Monday ..
OK.. while taking personal items out of van and putting in truck ... they discovered a Dealer in Nashville area had parts on hand .. bingo .. they went and picked up parts .. 1.20 pm the mechanic started reassembled engine .. by 3 pm test driven and interstate test driven.. purrs like new ...
I paid the $100. deductible.. plus 6 new spark plugs .... total ..$254.28
Without Chrysler 200,000 extended warranty bill was over $1100..
My point is excuses from Dealers waiting for parts and waiting for a week to do a repair is bad Service ...

Dealer name and address below ...
Bob Frensley Dodge
2210 Gallatin Pike N.
Madison, Tn.

... still pond hopping

While I can't claim insight or sixth sense to not choosing promaster (too tall to sit comfortably in there).

I do believe it great to post data on dealer who "gets it done" promptly.
For others to know.