My mom passed away yesturday

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
I just wanted to let you all know that my(Laura's) mom passed away yesturday, July 31, 2012 at 6:17pm in her home surrounded by her family. She was diagnosed with Stage 4 Lung Cancer in early March of this year.

My sister, brother and myself became her 24 hour caregivers from then on. We had a great support system from Hospice of Northwest of Ohio.

She was only 66 years old. She was a caregiver all of her life. She was the mother of 5 of her own children, raised her ex-husband's two nephews as her own children, then she adopted two other brothers and raised them till her death. They are only 18 and 15 years old today. Making her mom to nine children in all. She was a Foster Mother for many children over the years as well as a Day Care Provider in her home for many children.

She was born the 9th child of Frank and Ruth Gorney in 1945. She is one of 9 girls and 4 boys. She was preceeded in death by her son Michael at the age of 3.5, Grandson, Jeremiah Gomoll at the age of 18, Parents and a brother, Michael.

Funeral Arrangements are at Newcomer Funeral Home 4150 W Laskey Toledo 43623 419-473-0300

Showing Sunday August 5 2p-8p
Prayer service Monday at funeral home 9am with procession to Blessed Sacrament for Mass at 10am. Procession to Resurrection Cemetary on Hill Ave. & Holland-Sylvania. Road Toledo, Ohio.

I wanted to let you all know since I had in the past asked for donations for fundraisers we held for her funeral expenses. I got a lot of support from you whether it be financial or prayers.

So I thought it only right to let you know that her battle is over and she is at peace now.

Thank you to all who supported us and for all those that prayed for us and her.

Jason2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Laura so sorry to hear.At least she is not hurting anymore and gone to be with the rest of the family.Our,mine and my wife, thoughts and prayers are with you and the families during this time of sorrow.
Hold your head high and try not to let it get you down to bad.I think you have a good one to help you out.If you need to talk pm me any time.Be careful where ever your travels take ya'll. Jason

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
She sounds like a woman with a lot of love in her heart and a passion for sharing it. There is certainly a special place in the hereafter for people like her. My condolances...

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It is hard to lose a parent, when they are as young as she was it makes it harder. We will keep you and your family in our prayers.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums

Kristi

Active Expediter
I'm so sorry to hear this. My heart and prayers go out to u and the family. Cancer is an evil thing and far to many have fallen due to its aggression.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using EO Forums

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It has been 30 days since my dad passed. Condolences to you and your family in this trying time.

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
My thoughts and best wishes go out to both of you, and to your families as well.

I appreciate seeing the details of her life here and am glad you included them.

I'm going through much the same of late, tending as primary caregiver to a slowly failing octagenarian mother who has cancer and some serious bacterial stuff going on that just won't go away.

Hard thing to go through, I know.