My husband and I are comin to FedEx

sweetcdngirl

Seasoned Expediter
Driver
US Army
Hello Everyone ..

My husband and I have been preapproved for FedEx CC. We were supposed to start 2 weeks ago, but I had to fly to Canada unexpectedly for my fathers passing. So we hope to be starting soon. Can anyone give us any pointers? We drove for Panther for almost 3 yrs, and just got tired of sitting for days so we decided to come over to FedEx.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Welcome to FedEx Custom Critical!

My suggestions are to bring a notebook and a red pen. We attended an interesting class where the speaker discussed that we have better retention when taking notes with red pen. Must work I remember this part.

Take lots of notes and ask lots of questions. Get names of who speaks or who you speak to. When you have a question out here they are people you can go back to. You should have lunch with your contractor coordinator and that person will become your main contact when you have a question on "How to do something"

Get your T-Check card working before you leave...

After orientation ask questions of drivers who are in the same division you will be on where not to go and where the best places are for freight. Each company has their own best freight lanes.

Have patience learning a new system and I would suggest finding a mentor driver you can ask questions.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Sorry about your father.

Welcome to FedEx. Caffee's gave you sound advice. Other FedEx drivers are your greatest resource for information. MOST of us are MORE than willing to help when you need it. As Linda said, ask most questions of drivers in the same divisions. Like surface or White Glove etc although any driver may know what you are looking for. Good LUCK!!!

sweetcdngirl

Seasoned Expediter
Driver
US Army
Thanks for your sound advice u guys. Really appreciate it. And I will remember my red pen lol.

leezaback

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
The advice given is good. talk to drivers when you can-we were all in the same boat at one time-there is a learning curve to anything new.remember- this is you're business-welcome aboard.

skipr4520

Seasoned Expediter
Sorry to hear about your father passing. When my mother passed away a couple months ago, both FDCC and our fleet owner/fleet manager (Expediter Services) was more than helpful in getting us home. We wish you good luck with FDCC, we couldn't be any happier with a company than we are now and the same goes for Expediter Services.