my cargo van

denny2010

Expert Expediter
needs some work still but enough to start for now. need help on how to run battery power for a little fridge and mircowave...but will do that on next time home.

Attachments

• van 2.jpg
    van 2.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 127
  • van 3.jpg
    van 3.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 132
  • GetAttachment100.jpg
    GetAttachment100.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I was thinking about putting a bed like that in my van but have it setup where I can just fold it up into the back of the seats.

jrcase

Seasoned Expediter
No etrack in the floor? Will the sides hold down most loads? I have often wondered if most people put etrack down on the floor. I did and never have needed them on the sides. Just curious.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
No etrack in the floor? Will the sides hold down most loads? I have often wondered if most people put etrack down on the floor. I did and never have needed them on the sides. Just curious.
Iam not an engineer but...
I am thinking that side E-track under severe stopping would rip right out....

denny2010

Expert Expediter
never had a problem before with side rails. i do have a e-track to pur in middle of floor . (just not in picuture yet). i bolted the side tracks to the metal side walls in van...going to be changing that as i see how things go...but thats for your comments. have to ,\make room for fridge and nuker, but dont want to take front seat out..have to think on that to..just not enough room.lol

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
never had a problem before with side rails. i do have a e-track to pur in middle of floor . (just not in picuture yet). i bolted the side tracks to the metal side walls in van...going to be changing that as i see how things go...but thats for your comments. have to ,\make room for fridge and nuker, but dont want to take front seat out..have to think on that to..just not enough room.lol

1 good thing about a CV with 2 skids on there is not a lot of room for them to get forward momentum if any at all...as ya said..there is no room...LOL...I can say this the more space you have the more crap you'll carry just "in Case" junk....LOL even a sprinter gets crowded....

denny2010

Expert Expediter
home made bed. 28x70 i think. 2x4's , foam and a pad. (with sheet attached)... looks funky but comfortable. and i had all stuff in pole barn. but question is you like it?...lol

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Looking good. What's the thing on the roof just forward of the QC antenna?

aileron

Expert Expediter
It is a gps and cell transceiver for the qc. You get to send/receive messages even when you don't have clear view of the sky. Nice, but I wish it would boot up faster. I don't know if the slowness is related with the fact that it is running Windows, or just because it does a lot more than send/receive messages, like electronic logs.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Last edited:

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You guys should try mounting all of that hardware under the passenger seat (if you have one). Works fine and can still roll through a car wash.

aileron

Expert Expediter
You guys should try mounting all of that hardware under the passenger seat (if you have one). Works fine and can still roll through a car wash.

Are you talking of both pieces, including the round sat thing, or just the square, cell thing. I can't see how the round thing can get the satellite from under the seat.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Are you talking of both pieces, including the round sat thing, or just the square, cell thing. I can't see how the round thing can get the satellite from under the seat.

I have the sat "dome" (although it's the newer rectangular style) sitting under my passenger seat. Works fine. If you look at tractors their dome is usually under the roof fairing.